Sales Director, Pathology Business Development - Remote, West / Mid-West Region
- Las Vegas, NV
The Sales Director, Pathology Business Development is responsible for developing Surgical Pathology growth opportunities in defined pathology channels - Pathologists and Pathology Groups, GI, Urology, Derm, and ASC's. The targeted call points are primarily the C-Suite, Medical Director, Providers, and Lab Administration; while parallel efforts from the SDE are focused on further developing both the Pathologist and Specialty Provider (GI, UR, Derm) relationships. The sales plan will encompass new growth for surgical pathology diagnostics revenue. This role will report directly into the Sr. Strategic Director of Integrated Oncology/Dianon Systems. The Patology Director will join bi-weekly divisional team calls and every other 1:1 call (minimum once a month) with the Regional Manager and SDE's to strategize and collaborate to increase revenue and support divisional performance. As this is a new role, responsibilities will continue to evolve due to market and internal needs of organization.
This is a remote home-based position and can be based from any location in the West / Mid-West region.
Primary Job Duties
- Drive Results
- Analyze the competitive landscape, develop a strategic plan, and execute on large surgical pathology growth opportunities in assigned divisions. The core focus is selling Dianon tests codes, and driving pathology sales.
- Establish LabCorp (Dianon) as a pathology market leader through enhancing market perception. This will require ongoing training to develop technical and clinical acumen for product and program positioning. The individual should obtain a knowledge that provides an equivalent value of a subject matter expert to the customer.
- Customer Centric
- Gain access to industry thought leaders to through providing value in sharing a knowledge base on technical updates for pathology guidelines and changes on the horizon.
- Consultative selling should be an approach utilized to drive a partnership that establishes reciprocal value.
- Support regional and national networking events with highly influential affiliations to solidify a strong pathology market presence.
- Stakeholder Management
- High degree of influencing internal and external stakeholders; this should be done in collaboration with HHS, Operations, and Commercial Specialty Team to build a deep rapport with influential customers.
- Routinely prepare internal presentations to provide updates on strategies and milestones on specialty pathology performance for executive review. The goal of the presentation is to gain support for roadblocks, solicit feedback, and provide transparency to align as an enterprise.
- Strategic Thinking
- Strengthen our value proposition in selling to our customers through connecting concepts to enhance our market perception
- Consistently increase their individual market knowledge of industry updates to elevate ideas for advancement opportunities. The key areas should be focused on competition, managed care updates, and business model trends.
- Executive Presence
- Ability for individual to represent themselves and the organization in a professional and polished manner.
- Maintain a high level of emotional intelligence; composure and self-awareness are imperative.
- A high degree of competence to deliver a clear, articulate, and concise message.
- For large presentations, their style should exude confidence, be knowledgeable, and well poised.
- Bachelor of Science degree
- MBA preferred
Back to top