At Labcorp Drug Development, our largest UK site in Harrogate, North Yorkshire is currently recruiting for several laboratory analysts to join the Biopharmaceutical Chemistry Manufacturing Controls (CMC) division. The CMC division provides end-to-end analytical solutions and testing services to ensure quality control of our clients manufactured drug products. We work with leading pharmaceutical and biotech clients to ensure that their manufactured drug product or API (Active pharmaceutical Ingredient) passes all quality testing. Once this testing is complete, it brings our clients one-step closer to successfully launching that drug product on the market; helping bring medicine to patients.
The QC Laboratory Analyst will join the HPLC team in the CMC division and will be responsible for performing analytical testing on either traditional small molecule formulations (e.g. capsules, tablets, inhaled products, liquids etc) or biological drug product formulations (e.g. monoclonal antibodies and protein drug products) to determine shelf life stability, as well as performing batch release testing for commercial products and also clinical trial material.
As the laboratory analyst, you will have responsibility to work with Quality Control Scientists/Study Managers to perform a wide range of analytical techniques in accordance with GMP regulatory requirements to deliver client projects. You will work as part of a larger team to ensure that our clients' drug products pass quality control testing in the timeframe allocated. In this division, you will utilize the following analytical techniques:
- Scientific degree (Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Sciences etc.)
- OR relevant scientific industry experience
- Computing skills, including word processing and use of spreadsheets (e.g. Microsoft Office packages and Microsoft Project)
- An understanding of health and safety policies and of GMP/GLP/GCP
- The post holder should be able to communicate effectively at all levels and integrate well within an established and fast growing team
- Have used or have knowledge of HPLC, UPLC, GC-MS, LC-MS or GC