QA Test Automation Engineer
- Durham, NC
LabCorp is recruiting for a QA Test Automation Engineer for a dynamic team in the Chicago area.Seconday locations for the idealcandidate could also be in Burlington(HQ) or RTP, NC.
Advance your Information Technology (IT) career at an industry leading HealthCare Science Innovator.
Corporate IT is actively searching for an experienced expert-level QA Test Automation Developer and Engineer who will leverage development skills with state-of-the-art test automation technologies to develop a fully automated testing harness for build and deployment automation procedures. The test automation engineer will be part of newly formed clinical development teams within LabCorp and contribute to our science and innovation developments. Our development area include enterprise web service, web application, mobile solution, and other software testing for continuous testing and continuous delivery.
The right candidate for this role will participate in the test automation technology development and best practice models. The QA Test Automation Developer creates (writing code) and executes automated test suites using industry standard COTS and other custom tools. In this role, you will be working with the users, business analysts, product managers, and developers focusing on establishing functional tests as automated steps first and foremost. Furthermore, we are focusing on having QA be left-shifted as much as possible, which will include that all software developers rely on automation guidance and test plans for improved development outcome in establishing test-driven unit tests for baseline testing as well.
Most importantly, you'll be engaged in meaningful work for an organization that is committed to "helping people live longer and healthier lives" every day.
- Review user stories, technical specifications, user documentation, help files, and other documentation to assure quality of the products and tests to be developed; i.e., perform manual functional testing at times.
- Use risk-driven techniques to develop, maintain, and execute automated test suites for our clinical science development and various other software products; i.e. perform automated dynamic testing.
- Work with the development team to capture and reuse automated Unit Test Cases, Test Stubs, and other Development test objects for continuous build integration.
- Work closely with the DevOps Engineers to create and maintain automated build verifications.
- Ensure proper version control and configuration management of all test objects developed and test environments used.
- Research and document bug reports following agreed-upon processes immediately upon discovery of a quality problem.
- Update test execution status following agreed-upon processes as part of automated metrics.
- Trace test cases and results back to specific quality risks.
- Assist in the creation of test project status reports and metrics (e.g., Test Dashboard).
- Provide accurate and precise estimates for assigned task duration, along with confidence levels and foreseeable dependencies for automated testing.
- Prepare test plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Provide technical guidance to developers and other test engineers.
- Focus on the important testing and project priorities as agreed-upon.
- Show initiative in setting and meeting goals within an environment of managed change.
- Understand the role of test automation within the software development lifecycle for Agile and DevOps development methodologies, business-related project constraints, and effective test advocacy for the best possible customer experience of product quality.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of experience developing enterprise software systems (developer focus)
- 5+ years of experience in QA automation development and scripting.
- 5+ years of experience in all aspects of functional testing across a broad set of technologies, including cloud technology, container based microservices for sub-UI testing, RESTful service testing, thin-client testing (html/Angular), database testing, virtual service stub testing, and more.
- 5+ years of experience in developing sub-UI and UI based scripts with tools like Selenium, RIT, Visual Studio, UFT, custom code, and more.
- Expert knowledge with Test Data Management tools and methods.
- Expert knowledge in Test Plan and Test Case development for compliance or validated software systems.
- Deep knowledge of user story to test case translation with methods like Gherkin/Cucumber or equivalent.
- The ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex user design issues into clean, understandable solutions.
- Candidate must flourish in a fast paced, iterative, deadline driven environment.
- Strong communication and organizational skills are critical to success among this company of talented individuals.
- Familiar with common test automation tools including but not limited to:
- Selenium, UFT
- HP: Load Runner, Quality Center
- Visual Studio Team Foundation Server: Performance Testing Automation, Microsoft Test Manager (MTM)
- IBM: Quality Manager, service virtualization
- CA: Service Virtualization
- Maven (build management)
- Jenkins (continuous integration services)
- SOAP UI
- Database management studios for DB2, Oracle, or SQL Server
- Git (code repository)
- Familiar with the following syntax as far as it is needed for assisting test automation tasks:
The employee is expected to work 8 hours a day/ 40 hours per week (not weekend).
Back to top