- O'Fallon, IL
Who We Are:
LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care through its comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. The company provides diagnostic, drug development and technology-enabled solutions for more than 120 million patient encounters per year.
Each day, LabCorp employees have an opportunity to build rewarding careers and experience the satisfaction of knowing that the work they do improves health and people's lives.
About the Opportunity:
LabCorp Phlebotomists work in our Patient Service Centers and are the face of the company! In this role you will provide exceptional customer service and perform skilled specimen collections. In addition, you will be provided opportunities for continual growth within the organization.
We are currently seeking a Float Phlebotomist for our St Louis Metro area . This is a full time benefited position working on the day shift . Prefer at least 2 yrs phlebotomy experience drawing patients of all ages. Good data entry skills where accuracy is key and a desire to provide excellent customer service to our patients will be needed. Previous specimen handling/processing experience would be helpful. Experience in Point of Care Testing (POCT) is desired. Must have a valid Driver's license and a good driving record as well as the ability to drive in all weather conditions. Must be at least 21 years of age. Float Premium available for this position.
- Perform blood collections by venipuncture and capillary techniques for all age groups
- Collect specimens for drug screens, paternity tests, alcohol tests etc.
- Perform data entry of patient information in an accurate and timely manner
- Process billing information and collect payments when required
- Prepare all collected specimens for testing and analysis
- Maintain patient and specimen information logs
- Provide superior customer service to all patients
- Administrative and clerical duties as necessary
- Travel to additional sites when needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Phlebotomy certification from an accredited agency is preferred
- Previous experience as a phlebotomist
- Proven track record in providing exceptional customer service
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Comfortable working under minimal supervision
- Reliable transportation and clean driving record if applicable
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Able to pass a standardized color blindness test
Monday-Friday 7am-7pm variable schedule depending on site being covered with a Saturday rotation
Back to top