Microbiology Laboratory Supervisor I
- Miami, FL
The Southeast Division of LabCorp is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor for the Microbiologydepartment at Mailman Center - University of Miami, FL.
- Manage the daily operations of assigned Microbiology laboratory group to ensure that specimens are properly shipped and received, tests are performed accurately and efficiently, and results are reported in a timely manner
- Monitor daily workflow in the lab, plan/ schedule for adequate assay coverage, and troubleshoot/ escalate problems, as necessary
- Directly supervise, train, and mentor laboratory testing staff.
- Assist with the hiring of qualified, enthusiastic employees, including technical and non-technical team members
- Monitor time tracking system for employees and ensuring attendance expectations are being met
- Engage in continuous process and service improvement
- Provide technical troubleshooting and decision making
- Ensure QC and maintenance of all laboratory equipment, including blood culture systems, Vitek, ID and sensitivity systems, plating systems, and all other systems microbiology systems.
- Evaluate new process improvements and make appropriate recommendations based on thorough evaluation of technical, quality and efficiency impact
- Assist with monitoring sample progression and respond to sample status inquiries from customer service as needed
- Perform bench work as needed and maintain proficiency/competency in technical operations
- Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations, organizational policy, and accreditation/compliance requirements
- Stay abreast of industry trends, local trends, and any emergency management
- Meet regularly with direct reports. Provide coaching and constructive feedback, and career development discussions. Write and deliver performance reviews and build a positive CRL team environment
Location: Mailman Center - University of Miami Health System
Mailman Center, 1601 NW 12th Avenue, Miami, FL 33136
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, Microbiology, or related scientific field
- Florida State Laboratory Supervisor License is required.
- ASCP certification preferred
- Minimum 6 years of clinical laboratory experience required
- Previous supervisor experience highly preferred
- Proven leadership skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, proficient at multi-tasking, solid organizational skills, and ability to be flexible
- Knowledge of CLIA, JCAHO, CAP and state regulations a plus
Mon-Friday dayshift with oversite of all 3 shifts
Back to top