Lab Supervisor I-Microbiology - (2nd shift)
- San Diego, CA
Are you an experienced clinical laboratory professional looking for leadership opportunity? Are you detail oriented, process focused, and enjoy leading others? Are you looking for an industry leading company that offers growth and stability? LabCorp is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor to join our team in San Diego, CA. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives" as we combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
The WestDivision of LabCorp is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor for the Microbiology department at the core lab in Poway, CA.
T he schedule for this position will be Monday - Friday, 3:00pm - 11:30pm.
- Manage the daily operations of assigned laboratory group to ensure that specimens are properly shipped and received, tests are performed accurately and efficiently, and results are reported in a timely manner
- Monitor daily workflow in the lab, plan/ schedule for adequate assay coverage, and troubleshoot/ escalate problems, as necessary
- Directly supervise, train, and mentor laboratory testing staff.
- Assist with the hiring of qualified, enthusiastic employees, including technical and non-technical team members
- Monitor time tracking system for employees and ensuring attendance expectations are being met
- Engage in continuous process and service improvement
- Provide technical troubleshooting and decision making
- Ensure QC and maintenance of all laboratory equipment
- Evaluate new process improvements and make appropriate recommendations based on thorough evaluation of technical, quality and efficiency impact
- Assist with monitoring sample progression and respond to sample status inquiries from customer service as needed
- Perform bench work as needed and maintain proficiency/competency in technical operations
- Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations, organizational policy, and accreditation/compliance requirements
- Stay abreast of industry trends, local trends, and any emergency management
- Meet regularly with direct reports. Provide coaching and constructive feedback, and career development discussions. Write and deliver performance reviews and build a positive CRL team environment
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related scientific field
- State of California Clinical Laboratory Scientist/Clinical Microbiologist Scientist/Public Health Microbiologist license
- Expertise in O & Ps and Urines
- Minimum 6 years of clinical laboratory experience required
- Previous supervisor experience strongly preferred
- Proven leadership skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, proficient at multi-tasking, solid organizational skills, and ability to be flexible
- Knowledge of CLIA, JCAHO, CAP and state regulations a plus
Monday-Friday, 3:00pm-11:30pm, additionaldaysandhoursmayberequired based on business needs
Back to top