Lab Supervisor I - Birmingham, AL - $3K Sign-on Bonus!
- Birmingham, AL
The Southeast Division of LabCorp is seeking a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor for the Moleculardepartment at Birmingham, AL.
- Manage the daily operations of assigned laboratory group to ensure that specimens are properly shipped and received, tests are performed accurately and efficiently, and results are reported in a timely manner
- Monitor daily workflow in the lab, plan/ schedule for adequate assay coverage, and troubleshoot/ escalate problems, as necessary
- Directly supervise, train, and mentor laboratory testing staff.
- Assist with the hiring of qualified, enthusiastic employees, including technical and non-technical team members
- Monitor time tracking system for employees and ensuring attendance expectations are being met
- Engage in continuous process and service improvement
- Provide technical troubleshooting and decision making
- Ensure QC and maintenance of all laboratory equipment
- Evaluate new process improvements and make appropriate recommendations based on thorough evaluation of technical, quality and efficiency impact
- Assist with monitoring sample progression and respond to sample status inquiries from customer service as needed
- Perform bench work as needed and maintain proficiency/competency in technical operations
- Ensure all work is in accordance with state and Federal regulations, organizational policy, and accreditation/compliance requirements
- Stay abreast of industry trends, local trends, and any emergency management
- Meet regularly with direct reports. Provide coaching and constructive feedback, and career development discussions. Write and deliver performance reviews and build a positive CRL team environment
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related scientific field
- ASCP certification preferred
- Minimum 6 years of clinical laboratory experience required
- Previous management experience required, ideally over 15+ employees.
- Proven leadership skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, proficient at multi-tasking, solid organizational skills, and ability to be flexible
- Knowledge of CLIA, JCAHO, CAP and state regulations a plus
- Experience on TIGRIS, Panther Fusion - Hologic, Quantiferon, Cobas HPV, and RCS Qiagen HPV systems highly preferred.
- Excellent coaching and mentoring ability required - Employee engagement, bench work when appropriate, and listening
- Solution/Problem solving focus needed
- Experience in a fast-paced, high-volume laboratory is highly preferred
This position is eligible for a $3,000 sign-on bonus, paid in 2 disbursements for qualifying candidates. Ask your recruiter about eligibility requirements and qualifying.
Monday-Friday, 8:00AM to 5:00PM Rotating weekends or shifts, as needed
Back to top