Lab Manager I - TCL
- Richland, WA
Oversees the operations and administration of several departments within a LEVEL III laboratory environment.
Laboratory Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the laboratory, and works closely with both on patient care and regulatory issues. The Laboratory Manager provides the first line of contact for department Technical Supervisors, helping to resolve staffing issues, OT and related payroll questions, and advice with scheduling.
The Laboratory Manager attends department meetings and Joint Managers and Supervisors meetings. Attends Tech Ops and QI meetings, and participates in joint committees and projects as appropriate.
The Laboratory Manager ensures that the laboratory meets all regulatory requirements for CAP, CLIA, HIPAA, OSHA, and Washington State. Ensures that Laboratory Policies and Procedures are current and meet regulatory requirements, that the lab meets all compliance initiatives, and remains inspection ready at all times.
- Participate in department budget development and monitoring.
- Administer Supervisor evaluations and provide supervision, resources, mentoring, training, coaching, and ongoing guidance to assigned personnel in accomplishing their objectives.
- Counsel, discipline, document performance issues, and recommend termination when appropriate. Work with Human Resources and appropriately forward issues to HR for investigation and resolution.
- Foster and encourage strong positive working relationships among all levels of staff.
- Assist in recruiting efforts, interviews, and candidate selection.
- Monthly Manager's Report to Directors
License/Certification/Education: Requires a B.S./B.A. Degree w/3-5 year's experience and must meet CLIA requirements.
- Bachelors Degree in related Health Science required.
- MT (ASCP) or equivalent national certification required
- Must meet the requirements under CLIA regulations.
- Minimum of 4 years laboratory experience required.
- 3+ years of Management or Supervisory experience
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm additional days and hours as required
Back to top