IT Project Manager
- Durham, NC
Manages information technology projects from planning through implementation based on LabCorp's SLC. Creates project plans, identifies and secures resources and implements projects. Manages project milestones, budget and resources and is accountable for successful project delivery. Coordinates activities and ensures effective communication to stakeholders and within project team. Tracks project schedules, reports on progress and takes corrective action as needed.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Appropriately utilizes project management methodologies and tools for Agile and Waterfall methodologies.
- Effectively facilitates meetings and cross-functional teams and communicate effectively in relation to audience.
- Develops and maintains project documentation to specifically address project scope, deliverables, project plans, cost tracking, resource usage, issue tracking and status reports for multiple and/or large, complex projects.
- Documents and presents project management results through the development of criteria, issue analysis papers and reports; ensure that projects established objectives such as financial goals, where applicable and create an evaluation plan to assess project performance in relation to stated goals.
- Evaluates project risks, developing contingency plans and responding to change in risk as the project progresses.
- Develops escalation process to channel issues and concerns to appropriate parties.
- Oversees the implementation of the project(s) on a daily basis with regard to timeframes, budget requirements and quality.
- Effectively manages multiple priorities, initiatives and projects Manages vendor relationships and negotiates vendor contracts.
- Coordinates with various business areas to staff projects based on project requirements. Ensures project teams have necessary skills and experience to complete projects successfully.
- Manages project stakeholders, including core team, steering committees and vendors as applicable and others. Coordinates activities and ensures effective communication within project team. Leads meetings and facilitates effective communications to drive decisions and action items.
- Provides regular reports and project status updates to management, stakeholders and others. Highlights successes, concerns, milestones, resolved issues and other important information. Document process standards as required.
- Facilitates project scoping, ensuring that issues are raised, necessary input is obtained and project work is outlined. Obtains scope approvals as required. Manages and obtains approval for any scope changes after initial approval.
- Provides appropriate escalation and resolution of issues and concerns.
- Manages project budgets, ensuring expenses stay within established guidelines. Justifies and obtains approvals for any changes to budgets.
- Responsible for computer-oriented programs, multi-year projects consisting of multiple large sub-projects.
- Programs include ERP projects involving multiple regions/lines of business and integrations with other systems.
- Leadership skills and management experience required.
- Deeply integrated into business in order to implement complex programs.
- Strong communicator, comfortable speaking with executive levels in formal presentation settings.
- Typical project team is large and complex and pulled from all areas of Company.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Project management skills and abilities, with ability to lead multi-disciplined and cross-functional teams.
- Ability to lead and motivate others to apply problem-solving skills and techniques.
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with ability to establish and maintain high level of customer trust and confidence.
- General business understanding, including planning activities.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills; ability to present and explain technical information in a way that establishes rapport, persuades others and gains understanding.
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills with all Employee levels.
- Expertise in setting and managing customer expectations.
- Strong knowledge in use of portfolio and project management tools.
- Ability to perform root-cause analysis and problem resolution preferred.
- Normally requires Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education with 7 yrs. Experience. Computer-oriented aptitude/affinity for technology. Project management certification preferred.
Monday - Friday 8 - 5
Back to top