- Burlington, NC
LabCorp is recruiting for an IT Manager for a dynamic team in Burlington, NC.
The role will lead /supervise a team of Incident Managers. The best candidates for this role have a strong comprehension of ITIL and incident response plans and coordination of activities, work well with other people and have strong verbal and written communication skills, a sense of diplomacy, ability to anticipate obstacles, and decision-making skills to handle the fast-paced world of incident management. Foundational skills in incident response, incident management, chain of custody, and event analysis are essential. The team of Incident Managers will lead conference calls in response to critical business impacting IT outages. They will utilize established work flows and tools to work with affected teams and technical teams toward IT service restoration in a timely manner. The role will manage all severity 1 and 2 incidents, taking care that the required resources for incident resolution are engaged and the customer is informed appropriately about the progress. This includes timely and adequate communications.
- Familiarity with Key Performance Indicator data capture, validation, and metrics analysis.
- Ability and desire to lead the implementation of technical solutions to IT problems in dynamic, high-pressure situations
- Strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret customer business needs and translate them into IT operational improvements.
- License/Certification/Education: Normally B.S. Degree required w/5-7 years of experience.
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- 5-7+ years of combined experience in incident management, problem management, business continuity, information assurance, risk management, security operations or related fields.
- 1-3 years of experience with using O365 Applications to facilitate multi-channel communications is preferred.
- 1-3 years of ITIL Process experience
- Familiarity with Service Desk Operations
40 hours p/week; Monday - Friday 8 am- 5 pm May be expected to assist with coverage for other regional MIMs during their normal work day due to absence, holiday, etc. May require additional hours and/or additional/varying work days, possibly with short notice. Weekend on-call rotation assistance may be required (frequency varies based on staffing and/or business needs).
Back to top