Hospital Specialty Lab Assistant - Lincoln, NE
- Lincoln, NE
LabCorp is a leading global life sciences company that is deeply integrated in guiding patient care through its comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. The company provides diagnostic, drug development and technology-enabled solutions for more than 120 million patient encounters per year.
We are seeking a Hospital Specialty Lab Assistant to join our team in Lincoln, NE.
The schedule for this position will be:7:00AM-5:00PM 4 days a week. Rotating day off during the week. Rotating Saturday/Sunday and Holiday coverage. 8:00AM-1:00PM on Saturday and 12:00Noon-4:00PM on Sunday. Holiday coverage is 12:00Noon-4:00PM.
The Hospital Specialty Lab Assistant works in a high volume, production based environment performing a vital component of clinical lab science.
- Receive and sort clinical lab specimens
- Prepare specimens for testing and analysis
- Scan and/or order entry of patient and specimen information
- Perform minor instrumentation maintenance
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures to ensure safety and quality standards
- Troubleshoot any sample related issues
- Maintain record logs in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Ensure all laboratory equipment is working properly
- Replenish test bench supplies as needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- BS degree in life science field strongly preferred
- Valid drivers license
- Previous medical/lab or production experience preferred
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to pass a data entry test
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Ability to work in a fast paced production environment and meet established turn-around times
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
- Able to pass a standardized color blindness test
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed
- Ability to accurately identify specimens
- Comfortability with handling biological specimens
If you're looking for a career with an industry leader that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
7:00AM-5:00PM 4 days a week. Rotating day off during the week. Rotating Saturday/Sunday and Holiday coverage. 8:00AM-1:00PM on Saturday and 12:00Noon-4:00PM on Sunday. Holiday coverage is 12:00Noon-4:00PM.
Back to top