Histotechnologist (1st shift)
- Research Triangle Park, NC
We are seeking a Histotechnician/Histotechnologist to work in our RTP Lab. This is a great opportunity to get targeted one-on-one training and hands on experience that will help the individual grow their career within the Histology field.
Job Duties Include:
- Experience with cutting and IHC staining is a plus.
- Performs tissue embedding following established procedures.
- Performs routine cutting of paraffin blocks on a rotary microtome.
- Prepares reagents following established procedures.
- Maintains documentation of workload volume and appropriate records as required by the department, company and various regulatory agencies.
- Maintains block files.
- Maintains accuracy with correct patient tissue on appropriate assigned slides.
- Performs special staining procedures offered in the histology laboratory (automated and manual).
- Researches, troubleshoots and resolves inquiries or problems within the laboratory and with LabCorp clients.
- Performs reagent QC on routinely used reagents and troubleshoots reagent and instrument failures.
- Develops stain troubleshooting skills and develops trouble shooting skills.
- Assists with other non-technical duties within the laboratory as requested by the supervisor/manager to meet immediate needs of laboratory.
- Performs routine maintenance on laboratory equipment in designated area. This includes cleaning equipment, minor troubleshooting and reporting any irregularities in operation to supervisor/manager.
- Maintains appropriate records as required by laboratory, company and various regulatory agencies.
- Adheres to the laboratory's safety policies.
- Maintains adequate stock of working supplies, notifies team leader or supervisor of shortage.
- Helps with inventory procedures.
- Participates in required continued education activities.
- Additional duties as assigned.
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, please apply!
- Normally requires a Bachelor's Degree w/1-3 years of experience in Histology OR
- Associate's degree with 5+ years histology experience.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment
- Strong ability to problem-solve
- Proficient in computers
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Monday-Friday 10 am-6:30 pm
Back to top