Histotechnician/Histotechnologist $1500 Sign on Bonus Eligible
- Los Angeles, CA
Dianon Pathology, part of LabCorp's Specialty Testing Group LabCorp provides reference anatomic pathology testing services. Dianon has 30 years of experience providing specialized services to physician practices and hospitals. Dianon and LabCorp are focused on providing world class solutions to better the lives of patients living with cancer.
$1500 Sign on Bonus eligible for ASCP HT/HTL certfied new hires.
Shift: Monday - Friday, 11:00pm - 7:30am
What does a Histology Career at Dianon/Labcorp offer?
- An opportunity to build rewarding careers and experience the satisfaction of knowing that the work they do improves health and improves lives.
- Working with state of the Art equipment and cutting edge testing!
- Training programs that offer the ability to hone in on your skills
- A career path that can grow into a leadership role!
- Well established, fast paced, high volume, labs that are FDA approved
- Ability to work with various types of Tissues
We are seeking a qualified Histotechnician/Histotechnologist who is ASCP Certified to work in our Los Angeles Lab. This is a great opportunity to get targeted one-on-one training and hands on experience that will help the individual grow their career within the Histology field.
Job Duties Include:
- Performs tissue embedding following established procedures.
- Performs routine cutting of paraffin blocks on a rotary microtome.
- Perform cutting of frozen tissue.
- Prepares reagents following established procedures.
- Maintains documentation of workload volume and appropriate records as required by the department, company and various regulatory agencies.
- Maintains block files.
- Maintains accuracy with correct patient tissue on appropriate assigned slides.
- Performs special staining procedures offered in the histology laboratory (automated and manual). Perform immunohistochemistry staining.
- Researches, troubleshoots and resolves inquiries or problems within the laboratory and with LabCorp clients.
- Performs reagent QC on routinely used reagents and troubleshoots reagent and instrument failures.
- Develops stain troubleshooting skills and develops trouble shooting skills.
- Assists with other non-technical duties within the laboratory as requested by the supervisor/manager to meet immediate needs of laboratory.
- Performs routine maintenance on laboratory equipment in designated area. This includes cleaning equipment, minor troubleshooting and reporting any irregularities in operation to supervisor/manager.
- Maintains appropriate records as required by laboratory, company and various regulatory agencies.
- Adheres to the laboratory's safety policies.
- Maintains adequate stock of working supplies, notifies team leader or supervisor of shortage.
- Helps with inventory procedures.
- Participates in required continued education activities.
- Additional duties as assigned.
License/Certification/Education: Normally an Associate's Degree w/1-3 years of experience in Histology or a High School Diploma with 5+ years histology experience.
Monday - Friday, 11:00pm - 7:30am
Back to top