Grossing Technologist Trainee - Histology
- Shelton, CT
Dianon Pathology, part of LabCorp's Specialty Testing Group, is a leading provider of anatomic pathology with subspecialty expertise in Dermatopathology, Gastrointestinal pathology, Gyn Pathology and Uropathology. Dianon has 30 years of experience providing specialized anatomic pathology services to physician practices and hospitals.
LabCorp is seeking a Grossing Technologist Trainee to work in our Histology laboratory in Shelton, CT! This is a great opportunity to get targeted one-on-one training and hands on experience that will help the individual grow their career within the Histology field.
The schedule for this position will be third shift Tuesday-Saturday 3:00pm - 11:30pm
- Perform all technical grossing procedures required to process and submit specimens for microscopic review as per standard operating procedures under the indirect and direct supervision of pathologists
- Operate and maintain automated tissue processors, perform tissue embedding, Cryostat sectioning, operate and maintain tissue embedding units
- Operate and maintain H&E stainers, IHC stainers, special stains stainers and coverslipping units, perform manual coverslipping
- Provide recut preparation for microtomy and slide organization to perform case compilation for pathology
- Quality control completed cases
- Scan cases out of the lab to pathology, maintain log books, and be familiar with location of stored specimens
- Locate specimens and pulls from various departments as requested, paraffin block filing, lab document archiving, prepare and discard chemical reagents such as reagent alcohols
- Perform safety checks in lab
- Work with chemicals such as Xylene, Alcohols, Formaldehyde, etc.
- Handle minute patient tissue samples
- BS/BA in Biology/Chemistry or other Life Science
Tuesday-Saturday 3:00pm - 11:30pm
Back to top