Labcorp is a global leader of innovative and comprehensive laboratory services that helps doctors, hospitals, pharmaceutical companies, researchers and patients make clear and confident decisions. We provide insights and advance science to improve health and improve lives through our unparalleled diagnostics and drug development laboratory capabilities. The company's more than 60,000 employees serve clients in over 100 countries, worked on over 80% of the new drugs approved by the FDA in 2022 and performed more than 600 million tests for patients around the world
Global Internship Program:
Exciting opportunity to be part of the Labcorp 2024 Global Internship Program as a Forensic Lab Operations Intern
As a Labcorp intern, you will have the opportunity to support meaningful assignments that compliment an education in STEM+ Business and Healthcare disciplines, and are inspiring and valuable in our mission to improve health and improve lives across the globe. In addition to department work, we support your professional development and career exploration through program workshops, leadership speakers, employee resource group introductions, new hire panel discussions and small group 'coffee chats'.
Capitalize on a dedicated training and development program that will support your scientific and professional career aspirations, and take pride in delivering work that helps save the lives of millions of people around the world.
About the Team:
- Our commitment to research, combined with leading-edge technology, provides organizations with an innovative test portfolio that reflects societal trends. Our workplace testing laboratory network consists of strategically located facilities throughout the U.S. that are certified by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) and the College of Amercian Pathologists (CAP).
Internship Assignment Summary:
- Work with management and an assigned mentor to develop an independent project plan with direct value for the business unit
- Execute your project plan and present outcomes in a final presentation
- Attend training sessions to learn universal tools linked to clinical and forensic laboratory
- Familiarize yourself with various instrument platforms including EIA, GC/MS, LC/MS/MS to analyze samples and visualize data into valuable insights for more informed decision making
- Engage in professional development workshops to enhance your business acumen and professional presence
- Working towards bachelor's degree in biological or chemical sciences.
- Demonstrates good communication skills and professional habits.
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders and internal/external colleagues
- Embraces diverse ways of thinking through various forms collaboration and partnership
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our Privacy Statement.