Cytotechnologist (Sign on Bonus Offered)
- Overland Park, KS
Are you a certified Cytotechnologist? Are you in school pursuing a Cytotechnologist degree/certification? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a full-time Cytotechnologist inOverland Park, KS.This will be a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment. LabCorp has a comprehensive benefits package and competitive compensation.
Our Overland Park location is a state of the art Cytology laboratory ergonomic workstations for screening and there are monthly microscopic review sessions of interesting cases.
Because this position isa critical role, we are able to offera $10,000.00 sign-on bonus for the successful candidate.
LabCorp offers opportunities with advancement potential in an influential and expanding company. Be a part of something where you can make an impact on improving health and improving lives.
The schedule for this position will be 1st shift, Tuesday through Saturday, 7:30 am to 4:00 pm.
- Screen and evaluate any gynecologic and non-gynecologic specimens sent to the laboratory for the determination of possible malignant or related abnormal conditions
- Screening of all liquid based cytology, both manual and imaged, as well as conventional slides
- Perform microscopic evaluation of cytological specimens following laboratory procedures and workload policies
- Ensure proper documentation of workload recording, including screening and non-screening activities as required by CLIA and laboratory guidelines
- Maintain absolute integrity in the accurate performance and reporting of results
- Meet slide screening requirements as per standard operating procedure
- Finalize testing results into the computer in an accurate and timely manner
- Provide backup for cytology processing and other tasks as needed
- Comply with all safety, infection control and HIPAA policies
- Provide occasional assistance at local hospitals on ultrasound-guided FNA procedures.
- Bachelor of Science degree from an accredited college/university
- Successful competition of an accredited Cytology program
- ASCP Cytotechnologist (CT) Certification is required
- Prior experience working in Cytology is preferred
- ThinPrep certification is a plus
- Must pass slide screening requirements and annual CAP proficiency test
- Demonstrated understanding of Cyto preparation techniques
- Automated and non-automated testing experience is preferred
- Familiarity with laboratory information systems (LIS)
- Ability to work independently or within a team
- Highly organized and strong attention to detail
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Tuesday - Saturday 7:30a-4:00p
Back to top