Clinical Lab Technician/Medical Technologist - Charleston, WV. $1,500 Sign on bonus!
- Charleston, WV
Are you looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference? Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional or desire to start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Technician in Charleston, WV. In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment.
This position is located in our divisional Cytology lab in the Molecular department. It will perform testing for COVID 19 using the Panther instrument, as well as testing for HPV, Chlamydia, Gonnorhea, and Trichamonas using the Tigris instrumentation.
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures.
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation, including Panther, Tigris
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls.
- Deliver quality patient care while maintaining efficiency.
- Perform preventive maintenance and quality control with appropriate documentation and communication.
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed.
- Maintain a safe environment/wear appropriate personal protective equipment as designated by lab area
- Associates or Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology required
- Minimum 1 year of clinical laboratory testing experience is required for Technologist level
- Previous experience is not required at the Technologist Trainee or Technician level
- ASCP or AMT certification is required
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Monday-Friday, 2:00pm to 10:30pm
Back to top