Clinical Lab Team Leader/ Lead Technologist $1,000 Sign on Bonus*
- Burlington, NC
*Sign On For External Hires Only!
Are you an experienced lab technologist looking for a new challenge? Are you detail oriented, process focused, and enjoy leading others? Are you looking for an industry leading company that offers growth and stability? LabCorp is seeking a Laboratory Services Team Leader to join our team in Burlington, NC! In this position, you will lead and motivate a team while working in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment.
Assays performed in our Molecular Infectious Disease lab include both automated and manual testing, Qualitative and Quantitative PCR, with the overall goal of providing results that can be used for the diagnosis and management of a wide range of infections using real-time PCR detection of nucleic acid.
This is a second shift position that is eligible for overtime and a shift differential incentive!
- Assist department operational leadership with overseeing daily laboratory operations:
- Coordinate the work of other testing staff in the department; prioritize, assign and review work
- Notify management of problem areas or issues in the lab
- Assist supervisor in employee actions, including identifying and addressing performance issues
- Act as a liaison with support departments on technical inquiries and test results
- Attend regular management and staff meetings
- Keep supervisor informed of group progress, problems, employee performance and any significant factors affecting assigned responsibilities
- Perform PCR-based genetic testing in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Development, validation, and assistance with implementation of new automated processes
- Recognize problems and initiate troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and other problems
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related scientific field
- ASCP certification preferred
- Minimum 7 years of clinical laboratory experience required
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Proven leadership skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, proficient at multi-tasking, solid organizational skills, and ability to be flexible
- Knowledge of CLIA, JCAHO, CAP and state regulations a plus
- Ability to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
- Must be able to pass a color blindness test
Back to top