Clinical Lab Team Leader/ Lead Technologist- $1,000 Sign on bonus*
- Burlington, NC
*Sign on for external hire only
Are you an experienced lab technologist looking for a new challenge? Are you detail oriented, process focused, and enjoy leading others? Are you looking for an industry leading company that offers growth and stability? LabCorp is seeking a Laboratory Services Team Leader to join our Molecular Microbiology lab in Burlington, NC! In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives" as we combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Molecular Microbiology department at the Center for Esoteric Testing offers testing for infectious diseases using molecular methods. Assays performed in the Molecular Microbiology area include Qualitative and Quantitative PCR, with the overall goal of providing results that can be used for the diagnosis and management of a wide range of infections using real-time PCR detection of nucleic acid.
This person will be Coordinating molecular amplified testing in a high throughput, fast paced lab. Includes all functions from testing, to result reporting, review of QA and PM tasks, training of new staff, complete staff competency assessments and helping management with other assigned tasks.
This position will have 2nd shift shift hours and will be eligible for a shift differential incentive!
- Assist department operational leadership with overseeing daily laboratory operations:
- Coordinate the work of other testing staff in the department; prioritize, assign and review work
- Notify management of problem areas or issues in the lab
- Assist supervisor in employee actions, including identifying and addressing performance issues
- Act as a liaison with support departments on technical inquiries and test results
- Attend regular management and staff meetings
- Keep supervisor informed of group progress, problems, employee performance and any significant factors affecting assigned responsibilities
- Perform PCR-based genetic testing in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Development, validation, and assistance with implementation of new automated processes
- Recognize problems and initiate troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and other problems
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology or a related science
- Must have a minimum of 7 years of experience in clinical diagnostics testing
- Previous experience with performing PCR-based genetic testing preferred
- Strong molecular biology skills a plus
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
- Must be comfortable handling Covid samples
Wednesday-Saturday 2pm to 12:30am
Back to top