Clinical Lab Team Lead / Lead Technologist (3rd shift)
- Burlington, NC
1,000 Sign on Bonus Provided for External Hires
Are you an experienced lab technologist looking for a new challenge? Are you detail oriented, process focused, and enjoy leading others? Are you looking for an industry leading company that offers growth and stability? LabCorp is seeking a Laboratory Services Team Leader (Lead Technologist) to join our team in Burlington, NC! In this position, you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives" as we combat the COVID-19 pandemic.
As you may know, LabCorp was the first national laboratory to launch molecular testing for the virus that causes COVID-19 and we have performed over 2 million PCR tests to date.
The schedule for this position will beSunday-Thursday, 10pm-830am.
The Team Lead position focuses primarily on COVID-19 PCR testing in the Molecular department of our Clinical Laboratory, where you will perform both automated and manual testing with the overall goal of providing results that will be used for the diagnosis and management of COVID-19. Assays performed in this department include both automated and manual testing, Qualitative and Quantitative PCR, with the overall goal of providing results that can be used for the diagnosis and management of a wide range of infections using real-time PCR detection of nucleic acid.
- Assist department operational leadership with overseeing daily laboratory operations:
- Coordinate the work of other testing staff in the department; prioritize, assign and review work
- Notify management of problem areas or issues in the lab
- Assist supervisor in employee actions, including identifying and addressing performance issues
- Act as a liaison with support departments on technical inquiries and test results
- Attend regular management and staff meetings
- Keep supervisor informed of group progress, problems, employee performance and any significant factors affecting assigned responsibilities
- Perform PCR-based genetic testing in accordance with standard operating procedures
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Development, validation, and assistance with implementation of new automated processes
- Recognize problems and initiate troubleshooting steps to evaluate testing failures and other problems
The coronavirus is a Biosafety Level 2 disease (BSL2), similar to other blood borne pathogens tested at LabCorp, allowing us to utilize our existing universal safety policies and procedures that protects our employees. All COVID-19 specimens are tested under a hood which protects our employees from being exposed to any vapors, dusts, gases, or fumes from the specimens, as well as any possible splashes to the body. All employees are provided with the proper PPE including face shields and masks, lab coats, and gloves. We strictly enforce the use of PPE at all times, as well as frequently changing and cleaning of all the laboratory equipment. In addition, we have increased the frequency of the cleaning crews within the laboratory to ensure a safe environment for all of our employees. We pride ourselves on the safety measures taken within our facility to protect our employees who are dedicating their time to fighting this virus and making the world a safer place.
- BA/BS degree in Biology, Chemistry, Medical Technology, Clinical Laboratory Science, or related scientific field
- ASCP certification preferred
- Minimum 7 years of clinical laboratory experience required
- Previous leadership experience preferred
- Proven leadership skills, excellent communication and interpersonal skills, proficient at multi-tasking, solid organizational skills, and ability to be flexible
- Knowledge of CLIA, JCAHO, CAP and state regulations a plus
- Ability to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
- Must be able to pass a color blindness test
Back to top