Certified Pathology Assistant - 3rd Shift - Burlington, NC
- Burlington, NC
- Perform complete dissection, gross description, selection and submission of tissue for microscopic examination and special studies following departmental guidelines.
- Follow the laboratory's procedure for specimen handling and processing.
- Adhere to the laboratory's quality control policies and procedures.
- Assist other areas rotations within the department with specified assignments in a timely manner after the assigned job has been completed.
- Ensure a professional environment is maintained.
- Identify problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and work to correct or report the problem.
- Maintain high ethical standards and integrity in performing the assigned duties.
- Knowledge of hazardous waste management.
- Knowledge of personal protection measures and blood borne pathogens.
- Experience cutting frozen sections is desired.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college/university, successful completion of a NAACLS accredited Pathologists' Assistant program
- 2-5 years of grossing experience small biopsies and complex surgical cases
- Certified by the American Society of Clinical Pathology
- Experience in a high volume clinical laboratory environment
- Familiarity with laboratory operations as well as policies and procedures
- Knowledge of quality control and quality assurance processes
- Excellent computer skills; experience with an LIS
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to handle the physical requirements of the position
Monday - Friday, 4AM to 12PM
Back to top