Packaging Operator - Contract (1 year)
- Ladner, Canada
About the Company
For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith's, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt's 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada's most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We're also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of - for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
1 - Operating Packaging Machines
- Performing product change overs, CIP's on the filler(s), packaging sanitation and equipment sanitation.
- Controlling computerized panels with packaging indicators showing progress along the production line.
- Participate in and assist with equipment troubleshooting activities
- Tracking packaging materials for usage/loss rates and maintaining packaging machine logs and participating in process improvement initiatives.
2 - Packaging Quality Control
- Performing quality control checks and ensuring that product passes by machines in the proper condition.
- Ensuring packaging machines are in running condition, which involves basic cleaning and maintenance, minor repairs, and troubleshooting, such as oiling and greasing equipment as required.
- Reporting large or complex problems to supervisor, management, or the maintenance team.
3 - Compliance
- Ensuring all legislated and company issued policies/SOPs are followed. Governing bodies include and are not limited to Work Safe, GMP, and WHIMS etc.
- Operate according to Standard procedures (SOP) for equipment and quality. Participate in creation or improvement of SOPs.
- Actively participating in relevant environment Occupational Health and Safety (OH&S) programs/initiatives, complying with environmental health and safety standards and procedures, and acts in a manner consistent with TPBC's health and safety policy, which includes wearing required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) at all times while in production facility.
4 - Other:
- Communicating with coworkers, supervisors, and management, either face-to-face, via Brewery phones, and radio. Must carry radio as required.
- Willing and able to train on multiple pieces of equipment
- Provide on-the-job training to other employees where required.
- Other duties as assigned when not operating equipment.
- Experience in a production/manufacturing environment
- Valid Forklift License considered an asset
- Mechanical aptitude required
- Ability to work autonomously and with a strong sense of ownership a must
- Advanced organizational skills in planning, prioritizing and time management
- Strong computer and systems-literate skills
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and effective decision making skills
- Valid Level 1 First Aid Certificate preferred
- Open to learning and improving own skills with a can-do attitude
- Ability to tolerate summer/winter temperature conditions in Production Environment
- Willing to work Overtime as required for production completion
- Shift work is required
Back to top