- London, Canada
About the Company
For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith's, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt's 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada's most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We're also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of - for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
The Powerhouse is presently accepting applications for the position of Maintenance Engineer, reporting to the Chief Operating Engineer
The successful candidate for this position must meet the following job requirements, qualifications and expectations:
- Operate ammonia, CO2, Gas Turbine/Boiler and Steam systems in accordance to Standard Operating Procedures
- Effectively Operating HVAC Unit for proper ventilation
- Performing preventive maintenance routine and repair completions
- Maintenance documentation updates
- Respect of plant policy (Safety, Environment, Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points
- Other duties as required
- Expected to work 7am-3pm Mon through Friday days but also shift and rotating on-call coverage when required
- High School diploma or equivalent
- A Valid 2 nd Class Operating Engineering Certificate - (3 rd Class Considered)
- Within 2 years achieve 2 nd Class Operating Engineer Certification.
- 3 years' experience in an industrial setting - Ammonia, Cogeneration, Compressor Plants
- Knowledge and experience with Hydraulic or Pneumatic equipment
- Knowledge of PLC troubleshooting and programming
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem-solving skills
- Self-starter with an ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent sense of urgency, work ethic and attendance record
- High energy and initiative
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to follow, develop and understand Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and execute all work assignments
- Able to work in a safe manner and follow all EH&S safety policies / procedures.
- Responsible for abiding by London Brewery Rules and Departmental policies.
- Responsible for Work Orders, Procurement, Self-Scheduling through SAP
- Responsible for following required Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points standards.
- Responsible for proactively communicating with colleagues and managers on issues affecting the business.
- Expected to strive for continuous improvement in all job functions and within the department.
- Expected to proactively assist co-workers to resolve production issues, and to ask for help when necessary.
- Expected to participate in VPO initiatives such as SDCA, and work towards improving Utilities Department performance through individual ownership.
- All other duties as assigned by the Chief Engineer.
Back to top