Forklift Operator (Contract - 1 year)
- Ladner, Canada
About the Company
- Operation of machines, e.g. forklifts, palletizers (2), stretch wrappers (2), power floor sweeper, pallet splitter & baler.
- Relief for machine operators, TPNW, and daily breaks.
- Preparing bills of loading in SAP or other supply chain computer program.
- Responsible for all HACCP and EH&S procedures in the department which includes but is not limited to: trailer inspections, forklift inspections and cleaning.
- Receiving of incoming materials, completing documentation and general knowledge of chemical containment area.
- Recording of palletizer breaks.
- The operators may be required to train other operators.
- Grade 12 education or equivalent (proof required). Post-secondary education considered an asset
- High energy, strong teamwork and ability to learn
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Exceptional work, discipline and attendance record
- Ability to follow health and safety rules and procedures
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively with co-workers
- Comfortable with rotating shifts (Mornings/ Afternoons / Nights)
- Strong communication skill
- Basic mechanical aptitude and troubleshooting skills
- Fork-lift experience
- Comfortable wearing/using safety equipment at all times
- Willingness to learn supply chain related computer programs
Back to top