About the Company
For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith's, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt's 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada's most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We're also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of - for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
- Operate equipment on a high-speed beer Operation of all Brewhouse equipment with computer/PLC interface
- Demonstrated ability to learn RSView and other software used in the Brewing Process.
- Good decision making skills based on the feedback from information provided by the PLC interface and other related process information
- Material handling: transfer/ milling/ weighing of grain and other ingredients, beer transfers, beer process materials
- Responsible for day to day process in brewing department (Brewhouse, Fermenting or Filtration)
- Operating of Brewing equipment (Centrifuges, Kieselgur filters, transfer pumps)
- Record keeping - detailed reports of Brewing parameters and maintaining accurate and complete HACCP (Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points) records
- Daily housekeeping and intensive weekly cleaning of Brewing equipment and vessels
- Problem solving activities for process improvement
- Understand and use standard operation procedures (SOPs)
- Quality sampling, testing and record keeping related to the brewing process as required
- High school diploma or equivalent. Post-secondary education considered an asset;
- Previous experience in a food processing facility an asset;
- Willing and able to work shift work (days, afternoons and midnights), overtime, weekends, and holidays;
- Ability to engage in physical activities and manual labor, as required, including but not limited to: prolonged standing, walking, lifting, pushing, pulling and bending
- Outstanding work ethic with exceptional discipline, attendance, and safety record
- Ability to follow health and safety rules and procedures
- Willingness and ability to learn; flexible and adaptable to change
- Analytical - participate in problem solving teams
- Basic computer skills with an understanding of Microsoft Office programs