- Ladner, Canada
About the Company
For more than 160 years, Labatt has created enduring bonds with consumers as they share memorable experiences while enjoying iconic brands like Alexander Keith's, Labatt Blue, Budweiser and Stella Artois.
Labatt employees share the dream of becoming the best, most profitable beer company in a better world with their Anheuser-Busch InBev colleagues worldwide. From Newfoundland to British Columbia, Labatt's 3,000 employees brew about 60 local and world-known beers. Anheuser-Busch InBev is the leading global brewer, managing a portfolio of more than 200 brands.
Labatt is one of Canada's most recognized brands and most respected corporations. We take responsibility for improving the world where we do business, and together we find ways of putting social responsibility into action. We're also committed to building a company for the long-term with a legacy to be proud of - for the people who work for us and with us; for future generations and the environment; and above all for our consumers.
- Accountable for own personal safety & the safety of others around you - first aid reporting for injuries & proactive hazard observation & reporting in the Blending Department
- Unload alcohol and syrup into the brewery; blend alcohol to correct % where required
- Cleaning blending equipment, tanks and hoses
- Accurately weighing out & recording beverage components
- Maintaining accurate Quality & inventory traceability records
- Blending of alcoholic beverages to 90% & then 100%, with proper quality approval
- Provide blend/batch samples to the Quality Department for analysis & approval
- Maintaining accurate raw materials inventories (inc. chemicals) & collects any raw materials samples as required
- Maintains & improves (wherever required) 5S on a daily basis
- Vacation, sickness Blenders on regular rotation, as needed
- Overtime, as required (finding a replacement to accept your assigned OT, otherwise)
- Operate using the Blending Department SOPs, develop SOPs where they do not exist
- Prepare any reports, data entry & analysis of Blending Department data, as required
- Participates as a full partner in HACCP, Food Safety & GMP program maintenance & expansion, through reporting and compliance monitoring
- Maintain Blending Equipment & requesting repairs/preventative maintenance as needed
- Attends any meetings as assigned
- Blending Department improvement assignments, as assigned
- All other duties as assigned
- Grade 12 education or equivalent.
- Rotating shift work is required.
- 1+ years related experience.
- Forklift certification considered an asset.
- Advanced organizational skills in planning, project and time management.
- Computer and systems literate skills.
- Strong critical thinking, analytical and effective decision making skills.
- Mechanical aptitude & troubleshooting a plus.
Back to top