VP, Client Strategy- Depart. Stores/Big Box Retail
L2 is looking for VP-Level "Sector Leads" to help scale its Client Strategy business and work closely with clients to grow our relationships with them. The Sector Lead is charged with owning the success of a team of both Researchers and Client Strategists in terms of research output, thought leadership, client delivery, and overall commercial growth.
They will manage a team of industry-focused Client Strategy and Research staff to develop and deliver Executive Education and Deep Dive strategy presentations, managing and driving the member relationship (CEOs, CMOs, SVP of Marketing, Digital, etc.), securing annual membership renewals, and scaling member relationships. The Sector Lead will also be accountable for quality production and publication of thought leadership and research content. They are supported by Directors of Research and CS, in addition to mid- and junior-level Client Strategists and Researchers, as well as data scientists and technologists.
This role is specifically charged to cover our Big Box & Department Store verticals, and experience working with/within these verticals is critical.
- Support the development and delivery of “Deep Dives” that provide member brands a no mercy/no malice assessment of strengths/weaknesses delivered over 2-3 hour in-person presentations
- Interface with L2 research team to provide ongoing feedback on reports and data insights to better serve members
- Work as a member of the L2 Leadership team to influence product offering
- Manage/mentor a cross-functional team of Research and Client Strategy staff, ranging in size from 6 to 12 individuals
- Work with L2’s Business Development team to build and execute commercial growth plans for relevant sectors
Skills & Experiences:
- Ten+ years of experience in client-facing consulting, research, or agency work
- Several years servicing clients within the Big Box Retail and/or Department Stores space
- Experience working on the brand side within Big Box Retail or Department Stores
- Proven ability to thrive and grow in a high-growth startup environment
- Domain expertise across e-commerce, digital marketing, social media and mobile
- Understanding/familiarity with large multi-brand organizations across the relevant sectors
- Strong analytical skills (highly proficient in Excel)—able to distill data to actionable insights in a coherent narrative
- Excellent presentation, writing, and communication skills (including PowerPoint) with attention to detail
- Experience managing teams, particularly in a consulting / services organization
- Highly disciplined with self-starter mentality; experience in start-ups and small organizations a plus
- A doer—executes on plans, asks forgiveness vs. permission, and shows tangible results
L2 is a subscription-based business intelligence service that benchmarks the digital competence of brands. We provide our member brands with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance at a fraction of the cost of traditional consulting. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research.
The L2 Digital IQ Index® is the global benchmark for digital performance of consumer brands. By analyzing more than 850 data points across dimensions including – Site & E-Commerce, Digital Marketing, Social Media, and Mobile & Tablets – we quantitatively diagnose brands’ digital strengths and weaknesses and rank peer-to-peer performance.
Across all roles and levels within L2, we emphasize the following traits amongst our team members:
- Analytical: understands the quantitative process for research and analysis and is passionate about the examination of how data in digital is disrupting marketing
- Strong Communicator: the key is in distilling data down to understandable and consumable bites, using the data to craft a narrative in speech, writing, or analysis
- Entrepreneurial: L2 is moving quickly much like the industry we cover. Must be comfortable with constant change
- Innovative: We are constantly looking to make L2 better and more successful and need people who are always seeking to find the new and better way
- Quick Learner: Things move quickly at L2 and we want folks who can keep up and drive our success
- A doer: Must be someone who executes on plans, someone who can multitask, someone who takes pride in high-level results, and above all else, someone who can get things done
For those who qualify, L2 offers:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits (health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance)
- Weekly "Champagne Friday" happy hour
- Bagel Mondays
- Daily breakfast foods (cereal, fruit, oatmeal, etc.)
- Friday catered team lunches
- 15 days vacation, 5 sick days
- A buddy/mentorship program
- Monthly social outings (Yankee games, trivia nights, rooftop parties, etc.)
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry #snacks
- The best coworkers this side of the East River
Meet Some of L2's Employees
Reid and his team research and publish general studies on digital trends across industries. He analyzes how L2's clients are occupying the digital space and industry trends that might affect their businesses in the future.
Back to top