Sales Director, Industry Vertical
L2 is experiencing significant year over year growth and is looking to bring on a Business Development Director, reporting to the Chief Revenue Officer, to build upon the momentum and help capture the large market opportunity that exists outside of consumer brands, in the Industry segment.
L2 defines the Industry segment as advertising agencies, consultancies, publishers, investment firms (traditional and alternative), commercial real estate and technology companies who benefit from L2's insights for their own marketing, business development, and services. L2 industry members include SAP, Salesforce, R/GA, McCann, Google, Epsilon, Huge, General Growth Properties and many more.
The role will focus on driving new business for potential industry members through membership subscriptions in the US and potential sponsorship opportunities involving L2 events. The Business Development Director will work closely with L2's business development, marketing, research and client strategy teams, to execute Industry member acquisition strategies.
The candidate should have a strong track record and understanding of how to sell into global, complex organizations such as EMC, Oracle, Adobe, Deloitte and Mindshare, to name a few.
We are a highly collaborative organization, built out of every employee’s passion for digital and motivation to deliver tangible value for our clients. We embrace diversity and seek a natural entrepreneur to bring energy, fun, drive and personal initiative to our team.
This role will be based in New York and will require minimal travel.
- Leverage the existing prospect lists and work with marketing to create differentiated lead generation campaigns to source appropriate executive-level client meetings and drive content-led dialogue that showcases L2’s value
- Work with sales operations to respond rapidly and effectively to inbound sales leads
- Manage an effective lead qualification process
- Close new memberships and meet/exceed sales targets ($1M+ Annually)
- Collaborate with the L2 Intelligence and Sponsorships team to identify and close up-sell / cross-sell opportunities that will grow revenues from existing members
- Ensure effective and transparent sales pipeline management through the use of Salesforce and other sales tools
- Demonstrate mastery of L2 products, its research content and wider digital marketing topics in order to present L2’s value effectively to executive-level audiences
The L2 Digital IQ Index® is the global benchmark for digital performance of consumer brands. By analyzing more than 1250 data points across dimensions including – Site & E-Commerce, Digital Marketing, Social Media, and Mobile & Tablets – we quantitatively diagnose brands’ digital strengths and weaknesses and rank peer-to-peer performance.
Across all roles and levels within L2, we emphasize the following traits amongst our team members:
- Analytical: understands the quantitative process for research and analysis and is passionate about the examination of how data in digital is disrupting marketing
- Strong Communicator: the key is in distilling data down to understandable and consumable bites, using the data to craft a narrative in speech, writing, or analysis
- Entrepreneurial: L2 is moving quickly much like the industry we cover. Must be comfortable with constant change
- Innovative: We are constantly looking to make L2 better and more successful and need people who are always seeking to find the new and better way
- Quick Learner: Things move quickly at L2 and we want folks who can keep up and drive our success
- A doer: Must be someone who executes on plans, someone who can multitask, someone who takes pride in high-level results, and above all else, someone who can get things done
For those who qualify, L2 offers:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits (health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance)
- Weekly "Champagne Friday" happy hour
- Bagel Mondays
- Daily breakfast foods (cereal, fruit, oatmeal, etc.)
- Friday catered team lunches
- 15 days vacation, 5 sick days
- A buddy/mentorship program
- Monthly social outings (Yankee games, trivia nights, rooftop parties, etc.)
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry #snacks
- The best coworkers this side of the East River
Meet Some of L2's Employees
Giulia works specifically with data from the European beauty and CPG markets. She draws meaning from the data and puts out the results for L2’s European members.
Back to top