Research Associate- Japanese Market Focus
Japan represents a growing market for beauty and luxury brands. Its influence on consumer, cultural, and digital trends continues to grow throughout the Asia-Pacific region. L2 is looking to hire outstanding associates to join the Research Team to focus on the Japanese market. Associates will lead data collection and analysis efforts for upcoming high-profile Beauty & Luxury Digital IQ® research studies. Research Associates will interface with research leads, team members, and client services associates.
- Collection and synthesis of quantitative and qualitative data encompassing a brand’s E-Commerce operations, SEO/SEM performance, Social Media programming efforts, and Mobile initiatives.
- Assemble and analyze large data sets
- Author and present key findings to industry stakeholders
- Publish original research and synthesize third party research
- Develop deep subject matter expertise on Japan's digital marketing ecosystem
- The position offers competitive compensation with leading research institutions and is available immediately.
Please visit L2inc.com to download excerpts of our recent research.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Fluent - demonstrates proficiency in reading, speaking and writing Japanese for both business and consumer audiences
- Market Knowledge -an understanding of Japanese consumer purchasing habits and digital behaviors
- Digital Knowledge - an understanding of the Japanese digital ecosystem
- Analytical- established interest in quantitative research methodologies and accompanying analysis used to transform raw data into strong, compelling insights
- Strong Communicator - ability to arrange insights into an overarching narrative at various levels of depth, spanning charts, slide decks, written analysis, video scripts, etc.
- Entrepreneurial- while incubated in an academic setting, L2 retains a strong start-up feel and environment: fast-paced, goal-oriented, flat hierarchy.
- Quick Study - while there is no exact profile for success at L2, successful hires demonstrate: (a) genuine curiosity for the disruptive power of digital platform; and (b) strong quantitative rigor (e.g., marketing or economics majors with coursework in statistical analysis and/or econometrics).
Looking for individuals with experience in, but not limited to, the following:
- User research
- Market research
- Statistical data
- Qualitative research
- Information architecture
- Data analysis
- Statistical programming
- Customer insight
- Social media
- Advertising research
- Competitive analysis
- Quantitative research
- Digital strategy
- Project management
- Digital marketing
- Marketing research
- Category insights
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
L2 is a subscription-based benchmarking and education firm. By providing our membership with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance, L2 helps identify best practices and highlight which organizations are achieving superior return on incremental investment. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research products. Founded in 2010 by Scott Galloway (Professor of Marketing, NYU Stern), L2 now tracks thousands of brands across the globe. Our diverse membership ranges from Consumer Packaged Goods (Procter & Gamble, Unilever) to Beauty (Estée Lauder, L’Oréal) to iconic Luxury (Chanel, Cartier) brands.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits (health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance)
- Weekly "Champagne Friday" happy hour
- Bagel Mondays
- Daily breakfast foods (cereal, fruit, oatmeal, etc.)
- Friday catered team lunches
- 15 days vacation, 5 sick days
- A buddy/mentorship program
- Monthly social outings (Yankee games, trivia nights, rooftop parties, etc.)
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry #snacks
- The best coworkers this side of the East River
Back to top