Europe Research & Client Strategy Lead (VP or Group Director)
L2, a Gartner company, is a subscription-based business intelligence service that benchmarks the digital competence of brands. We provide our members with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance at a fraction of the cost of traditional consulting. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research. L2 was founded in 2010 on the principle that a brand’s digital competency is inextricably linked toshareholder value. L2 member brands and consulting clients include prestige brands ranging from Estée Lauder and the Four Seasons to Labelux Group and Procter & Gamble.
L2 is looking for VP-Level "Sector Leads" to help scale its Client Strategy business and work closely with clients to grow our relationships with them. The Sector Lead is charged with owning the success of a team of both Researchers and Client Strategists in terms of research output, thought leadership, client delivery, and overall commercial growth.
They will manage a team of industry-focused Client Strategy and Research staff to develop and deliver Executive Education and Deep Dive strategy presentations, managing and driving the member relationship (CEOs, CMOs, SVP of Marketing, Digital, etc.), securing annual membership renewals, and scaling member relationships. The Sector Lead will also be accountable for quality production and publication of thought leadership and research content. They are supported by Directors of Research and CS, in addition to mid- and junior-level Client Strategists and Researchers, as well as data scientists and technologists.
This role is specifically charged to cover our European region.
- The Client Strategy Lead is responsible for the success of the Europe-based Research and Client Strategy teams across all sectors in terms of research output, thought leadership, and client delivery
- Directly manage an 4-6 person team of industry-focused Client Strategy and Research staff to develop and deliver DIQ Reports, Insight Reports, Executive Education and Deep Dive strategy presentations
- Manage and drive member relationships in Europe from a content and advisory perspective (CEOs, CMOs, SVP of Marketing, Digital, etc.), ensuring annual membership renewals, and scaling member relationships, with a target of 80-%+ capped retention and 110% wallet retention
- Accountable for quality production and publication of thought leadership and research content. Lead of team of Directors of Research and CS, in addition to mid- and junior-level Client Strategists and Researchers, as well as directing data scientists and technologists as needed.
- Establish themselves and their teams as industry recognized thought leaders
- Mastery of subject matter and best practices in select areas of L2's DIQ methodology (Site, e-commerce, marketing, social media, and mobile)
- Commanding presentation skills for client specific meetings, L2 events, and external industry events
- Partner with L2’s Business Development team to build and execute commercial growth plans for relevant sectors
Skills & Experiences:
- Ten+ years of experience in client-facing consulting, research, or agency work
- Several years servicing clients within Europe
- Experience working on the brand side within European companies
- Proven ability to thrive and grow in a high-growth startup environment
- Domain expertise across e-commerce, digital marketing, social media and mobile
- Understanding/familiarity with large multi-brand organizations across the relevant sectors
- Strong analytical skills (highly proficient in Excel)—able to distill data to actionable insights in a coherent narrative
- Excellent presentation, writing, and communication skills (including PowerPoint) with attention to detail
- Experience managing teams, particularly in a consulting / services organization
- Highly disciplined with self-starter mentality; experience in start-ups and small organizations a plus
- A doer—executes on plans, asks forgiveness vs. permission, and shows tangible results
L2 is a subscription-based benchmarking and education firm owned by Gartner, Inc. By providing our membership with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance, L2 helps identify best practices and highlight which organizations are achieving superior return on incremental investment. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research products. Founded in 2010 by Scott Galloway (Professor of Marketing, NYU Stern), L2 now tracks thousands of brands across the globe. Our diverse membership ranges from Consumer Packaged Goods (Procter & Gamble, Unilever) to Beauty (Estée Lauder, L’Oréal) to iconic Luxury (Chanel, Cartier) brands.
Across all roles and levels within L2, we emphasize the following traits amongst our team members:
- Analytical: understands the quantitative process for research and analysis and is passionate about the examination of how data in digital is disrupting marketing
- Strong Communicator: the key is in distilling data down to understandable and consumable bites, using the data to craft a narrative in speech, writing, or analysis
- Entrepreneurial: L2 is moving quickly much like the industry we cover. Must be comfortable with constant change
- Innovative: We are constantly looking to make L2 better and more successful and need people who are always seeking to find the new and better way
- Quick Learner: Things move quickly at L2 and we want folks who can keep up and drive our success
- A doer: Must be someone who executes on plans, someone who can multitask, someone who takes pride in high-level results, and above all else, someone who can get things done
Meet Some of L2's Employees
Giulia works specifically with data from the European beauty and CPG markets. She draws meaning from the data and puts out the results for L2’s European members.
Back to top