Email Marketing Manager
L2 is looking for a top-notch Email Marketing Manager to join our growing team in New York City. You will report to our Director of Marketing and work closely with L2's Creative and Marketing staff, and be responsible for maintaining, developing, and executing the full lifecycle of our high-volume email marketing strategy. Email is a key channel for driving our business development efforts, and by managing our campaigns, you will have a very direct impact on the continued growth of our business.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about email, a strong story-teller, and a data analyst who's constantly striving for improvement.
- Working closely with the Director of Marketing to develop and execute a high-volume lifecycle email marketing strategy (avg. 3 big email sends per day).
- Creating and executing data-driven, segmented, dynamic campaigns delivered to the right people at the right time
- Planning and maintaining the email calendar with stakeholders, ensuring timely delivery of flawless campaigns
- Maintaining L2's existing email marketing strategy and building out new programs with an eye toward lead nurturing, life-cycle messaging, subscriber growth, churn prevention, and LTV improvement.
- Focusing on continuous improvement by iterating and optimizing existing emails/automations
- Handling the ongoing coding of emails in HTML
- 3-4 years of email marketing experience with a high-volume (ideally for a subscription-based business)
- Experience working with ESPs (e.g., ExactTarget) for campaign building, segmentation, and testing
- Experience with Marketing Automation and CRM platforms (e.g., Pardot, SalesForce)
- Deep knowledge of email best practices; strong HTML and copy-editing skills
- Self-motivated, organized / process-oriented, with strong analytical skills
- Passionate about emails and making work fun
- Collaborative, bold, industrious, curious, a thought-leader
- An exquisite attention to detail
- Driven by metrics
- Ability to manage very execution-oriented work while also having a point of view on strategic topics
Across all roles and levels within L2, we emphasize the following traits amongst our team members:
- Data analytics: Appreciation of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, with a passion for the examination of data to identify strategic insights. Must have exceptional expertise in using Excel.
- Digital marketing domain expertise: A deep knowledge of digital marketing, social media and website technologies, ideally gained through working with large brand or retail organizations
- Strong communicator: Able to distill data into strategic implications and opportunities for our clients, crafting a clear narrative
- Consulting: A supreme ability to act as a strategic advisor to executive level clients (whether internal or external clients), using data to support actionable recommendations
- Presentation design and delivery: Expertise in crafting and delivering Powerpoint presentations with high attention to detail
- Fast-learner with a self-starter attitude: Highly disciplined, execution-orientated and able to work using own initiative. Experience within smaller, fast moving organizations will be of benefit.
L2 is a subscription-based benchmarking and education firm. By providing our membership with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance, L2 helps identify best practices and highlight which organizations are achieving superior return on incremental investment. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research products. Founded in 2010 by Scott Galloway (Professor of Marketing, NYU Stern), L2 now tracks thousands of brands across the globe. Our diverse membership ranges from Consumer Packaged Goods (Procter & Gamble, Unilever) to Beauty (Estée Lauder, L’Oréal) to iconic Luxury (Chanel, Cartier) brands.
For those who qualify, L2 offers:
- Competitive salary and bonus packages
- Comprehensive benefits (health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance)
- 401(k) with up to 4% matched by company
- 20 days vacation
- "Champagne Friday" happy hour
- Bagel Mondays
- Unlimited Nespresso
- Friday catered team lunches
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry #fuel (cereal, fruit, Siggi's yogurt, chips, guacamole, hummus, sparkling water, etc.)
- Monthly social outings (US Open, trivia nights, rooftop parties, etc.)
- The best coworkers this side of the East River
Meet Some of L2's Employees
Giulia works specifically with data from the European beauty and CPG markets. She draws meaning from the data and puts out the results for L2’s European members.
Back to top