Director of Research Methodology
L2 is a business intelligence firm specializing in assessing the digital performance of consumer brands. We rank individual brand performance in their respective industry (e.g., Burberry in Fashion, Estée Lauder in Beauty, Four Seasons in Hotels, etc.) based on 1,250 distinct metrics. These metrics are sourced from multiple internal and external data sources.
The Research Methodology team manages the continuous lifecycle of external data sources and determines the application, quality, use cases and deployment of these sources into L2’s research. This team manages all elements of data acquisition and usage from sourcing to education to deployment. In addition, this team works with internal technology teams to assist on scope, use cases, education, deployment and analytical methodology. The role requires a range of project management and analytical tasks touching all data types and teams across L2.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manages the development and maintenance of L2’s DIQ methodology
- Maintains an encyclopedic knowledge of partner methodology and data nuance
- Acts as a thought leader across the enterprise representing best practices in research and guiding development of new research approaches
- Owns relationships with third party data providers, partnering with senior leadership and L2’s finance team to negotiate relationships.
- Partners with data science and data engineering team to develop new metrics and means of measurement
- Maintains internal documentation related to methodology and data partners
Qualifications / Competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in analytical field
- Comfort with vendor negotiations and management
- Insanely organized
- Excited about cross-team collaboration (both technical and nontechnical teams)
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong excel skills
- Familiarity with third party data sources such as SimilarWeb or Pathmatics
- Familiarity with Tableau, Python, and/or SQL a plus
L2 is a subscription-based benchmarking and education firm. By providing our membership with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance, L2 helps identify best practices and highlight which organizations are achieving superior return on incremental investment. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research products. Founded in 2010 by Scott Galloway (Professor of Marketing, NYU Stern), L2 now tracks thousands of brands across the globe. Our diverse membership ranges from Consumer Packaged Goods (Procter & Gamble, Unilever) to Beauty (Estée Lauder, L’Oréal) to iconic Luxury (Chanel, Cartier) brands.
For those who qualify, L2 offers:
- Competitive salary and bonus packages
- Comprehensive benefits (health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance)
- 401(k) with up to 4% matched by company
- 20 days vacation
- "Champagne Friday" happy hour
- Bagel Mondays
- Unlimited Nespresso
- Friday catered team lunches
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry #fuel (cereal, fruit, Siggi's yogurt, chips, guacamole, hummus, sparkling water, etc.)
- Monthly social outings (US Open, trivia nights, rooftop parties, etc.)
- The best coworkers this side of the East River
Meet Some of L2's Employees
Giulia works specifically with data from the European beauty and CPG markets. She draws meaning from the data and puts out the results for L2’s European members.
Back to top