Director, Business Systems
L2 is looking for a Director of Business Systems to drive the vision, strategy, design, and implementation of innovative and integrated systems to support our rapidly scaling business. This leader will be responsible and accountable for the investment, budgeting, planning, and operations of our business support systems. This person will work with a matrixed team of existing L2 team members and outside consultants to increase the efficiency of L2’s internal business operations.
This person will partner with business stakeholders in sales, marketing, finance, HR, research, client services, and technology to improve the integration and performance of our business processes and systems (currently: Salesforce, Celigo, Netsuite, Pardot, Wordpress, Google Analytics, custom business APIs, Tout, Exact Target, AdWords, Box, Dropbox, Google Apps).
The Director of Business Systems will enable, support, and collaborate across L2 to set the direction for all current and future projects. This person is ensuring that all business systems are stable, available according to predefined service levels, and responsible for identifying solutions to any systems failures.
The ideal candidate for this role will have a blend of technical and business experience with a strong proficiency in the technology stack powering enterprise applications. In addition, the Director will educate and influence internal partners on best-practice approaches to building a robust, resilient, scalable and secure infrastructure.
- Partner with other departments to document requirements, develop appropriate systems and processes, and understand system interdependencies.
- Lead domain architecture, business systems analysis, design, development, integration, testing and maintenance of enterprise applications.
- Convey complex technical concepts to a broad audience.
- Plan and manage the execution of implementation projects, including day-to-day project management, issues and risk management, scope management, and regular status reporting.
- Partner with the executive team to ensure that the project roadmap reflects business priorities as projects and business needs change.
- In partnership with various organizations across L2: analyze, drive, manage and measure activities within the business.
- Work across departments to develop policies on security, access, roles, and compliance.
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related field
- 6+ years managing enterprise or business application development or software projects; Experience with subscription business models a big plus.
- 4+ years of people management experience including a passion for building, developing, coaching and mentoring a team
- Experience with NetSuite ERP and Salesforce required
- Experience with Celigo, Pardot, Exact Target, Tout, and WordPress a plus
- Strong understanding of basic systems engineering, risk and security guidelines, and architecture standards
- Previous experience designing and delivering a secure, robust business infrastructure using primarily cloud solutions.
- Strong technical competence. Previous experience developing complex solutions and business requirements, and translating them into functional specifications.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Quick thinker, experienced in unconventional problem solving.
- Exceptional planning and organizational skills.
- Strong sense for detail and accuracy.
L2 is a subscription-based benchmarking and education firm. By providing our membership with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance, L2 helps identify best practices and highlight which organizations are achieving superior return on incremental investment. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research products. Founded in 2010 by Scott Galloway (Professor of Marketing, NYU Stern), L2 now tracks thousands of brands across the globe. Our diverse membership ranges from Consumer Packaged Goods (Procter & Gamble, Unilever) to Beauty (Estée Lauder, L’Oréal) to iconic Luxury (Chanel, Cartier) brands.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits (health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance)
- Weekly "Champagne Friday" happy hour
- Bagel Mondays
- Daily breakfast foods (cereal, fruit, oatmeal, etc.)
- Friday catered team lunches
- 15 days vacation, 5 sick days
- A buddy/mentorship program
- Monthly social outings (Yankee games, trivia nights, rooftop parties, etc.)
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry #snacks
- The best coworkers this side of the East River
Back to top