L2 is looking for a Database Engineer who is interested in focusing on the data management and architecture at L2. This person will be responsible for the TBs of data that feeds into our analyses and insights. The Database Engineer will work closely with developers, data scientists, product managers, and data quality analysts to understand data needs, enable accessibility to the data, and set standards to improve the organization of our databases.
Specifically, we are looking for an individual who has a background in data in a business intelligence, analytics, or research environment. A strong background working with various databases and systems is needed. Experience with AWS and moving data around between services is a strong plus. This is a very hands-on role with significant decision-making responsibilities.
- Unify database & systems: Identify, assess, fix, document, and communicate potential issues in the way data is stored and accessed. This will involve working closely with data & technology users to ease in organizing and querying the data. This may entail data migration operations on a live system and coordinating changes with multiple teams.
- Implement database standards: Take ownership of designing, building, and launching data models (database, schemas, tables, etc.) and systems (data loading, extraction, transformation, etc.). Rules and guidelines will be set and enforced by the Database Engineer. This will also involve defining and managing SLAs for the various data sets. There’s a new sheriff in town.
- Store data efficiently: Lower data storage costs and optimize accessibility by thinking of creative ways to store the large quantities of data we have.
- 5+ years of database administration experience
- Practical experience in loading, extracting, migrating, transforming, and archiving data
- Experience with business intelligence systems strongly preferred
- Strong SQL skills (MySQL & PostgreSQL)
- Strong AWS skills (RDS, Redshift, EC2, Data Pipeline, etc.)
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Strong communication skills
- Scripting skills (Python, Bash, etc.) is preferred
- Experience with digital data such as display advertising, web analytics, ecommerce or social data is a plus
- Project or process management experience is a plus
L2 is a subscription-based benchmarking and education firm. By providing our membership with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance, L2 helps identify best practices and highlight which organizations are achieving superior return on incremental investment. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research products. Founded in 2010 by Scott Galloway (Professor of Marketing, NYU Stern), L2 now tracks thousands of brands across the globe. Our diverse membership ranges from Consumer Packaged Goods (Procter & Gamble, Unilever) to Beauty (Estée Lauder, L’Oréal) to iconic Luxury (Chanel, Cartier) brands.
For those who qualify, L2 offers:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits (health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance)
- Weekly "Champagne Friday" happy hour
- Bagel Mondays
- Daily breakfast foods (cereal, fruit, oatmeal, etc.)
- Friday catered team lunches
- 15 days vacation, 5 sick days
- A buddy/mentorship program
- Monthly social outings (Yankee games, trivia nights, rooftop parties, etc.)
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry #snacks
- The best coworkers this side of the East River
Meet Some of L2's Employees
Reid and his team research and publish general studies on digital trends across industries. He analyzes how L2's clients are occupying the digital space and industry trends that might affect their businesses in the future.
Back to top