Data Quality Analyst
L2 is looking for a Data Quality Analyst jumpstart the DQ Assurance specialization at L2. We have grown to a point where we need to create a discipline and team dedicated to Data Quality Analysis. The DQ Analyst will be responsible for all facets of Data Quality Assurance at L2, including defining the initial and future state processes for data quality, implementing those processes, training our organization on the aspect and application of DQA. We are looking for a "player coach" who can grow our data capabilities and help L2 scale rapidly.
Specifically, we are looking for an individual who has a background in DQA at a syndicated research and/or data provider, such as Nielsen, Experian or Kantar. A strong background working with systems automation and automated reporting are critical. A statistical background is required as is experience deploying code.
- Resolve data quality problems: Identify, assess, fix, document, and communicate potential quality issues in the way data is collected, stored, processed, or used. This may involve interacting with business users to resolve data quality problems using techniques such as root cause analysis as well as collecting user requirements. Fixing the data problem may require the DQA to recommend, design, implement and monitor quality procedures for use in the data production process. It may also include data cleansing operations like removing duplicate records.
- Provide quality assurance oversight of data flows and stores: Review quality of data entry, loads, transformations, extractions, merges, or other production jobs. This may also include the establishment and monitoring of service level agreements, communication protocols with data suppliers, and data quality assurance policies.
- Measure data quality: Design, collect, analyze, and report on data quality assurance / production performance metrics.
- Manage data quality documentation: Define and maintain data standards, definitions, and models (e.g. data dictionary, organizational data model. This may also include any DQA documents such as checklists, guidelines, manuals, templates, forms, etc.)
- 3-5 years of Data Quality Assurance experience
- Experience with digital data such as display advertising, web analytics, ecommerce or social data.
- Implementation of code into production, not only for analysis purposes
- Strong SQL skills
- Strong Python skills
- Strong communication skills
- MySQL or Postgres is a plus
- Tableau or other reporting platform is a plus
- Project or process management experience is a plus
L2 is a subscription-based benchmarking and education firm. By providing our membership with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance, L2 helps identify best practices and highlight which organizations are achieving superior return on incremental investment. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research products. Founded in 2010 by Scott Galloway (Professor of Marketing, NYU Stern), L2 now tracks thousands of brands across the globe. Our diverse membership ranges from Consumer Packaged Goods (Procter & Gamble, Unilever) to Beauty (Estée Lauder, L’Oréal) to iconic Luxury (Chanel, Cartier) brands.
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits (health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance)
- Weekly "Champagne Friday" happy hour
- Bagel Mondays
- Daily breakfast foods (cereal, fruit, oatmeal, etc.)
- Friday catered team lunches
- 15 days vacation, 5 sick days
- A buddy/mentorship program
- Monthly social outings (Yankee games, trivia nights, rooftop parties, etc.)
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry #snacks
- The best coworkers this side of the East River
Back to top