Client Strategy Associate (Consumer Goods)
To fuel our continued expansion, L2 is looking to hire an additional Client Strategist to join our Consumer Packaged Goods team based in New York City. The Client Strategy Associate will work with a client strategy to analyze our members’ digital competence, benchmarking their performance against industry competitors, identifying best practices, synthesizing quantitative and qualitative aspects of the data via powerpoint presentations, and supporting the delivery of ad hoc advisory work for L2's marquis CPG clients.
This is a unique opportunity for a hard-working, data-orientated individual to join our fast growing team. You will play a pivotal role in driving our CPG business forward and gain deep insights into the digital marketing and strategy of top CPG brands, helping to define the insights and recommendations that our clients use to make strategic decisions. We are a fast-paced but highly collaborative organization, built out of every employee’s passion for digital and motivation to deliver tangible value for our clients. We embrace diversity and seek individuals who will bring energy, fun, drive and personal initiative to our team.
This role is based in New York City, with the possibility of some client/event-related travel.
- Develop and assist in delivery of “Digital Deep Dives” and customized deliverables that audit member brand’s digital performance compared to their industry competitors and peers
- Analyze L2 research to craft strategic insights and recommendations for member brands, leveraging proprietary research tools and databases to identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities
- Identify digital best practices and case studies
- Work with the Research team on refining methodologies based on client feedback
- Coordinate with the Research team in data collection and analysis required for ad hoc research, performed occasionally for top clients. This includes synthesis of quantitative and qualitative data around brands' performance across website features, e-commerce, digital marketing (search, display and email), social media and mobile
- Ensure accurate data capture and consistent application of L2 research methodologies
Required experiences & skills
- 1-2 years in strategy consulting and/or research, ideally with a focus on digital
- Excellent presentation, writing, and communication skills with extreme attention to detail
- Strong analytical and communication skills (highly proficient in Excel and PowerPoint)—able to distill data to actionable insights in a coherent narrative
- Highly disciplined with self-starter mentality; experience in startups and small organizations a plus
- Experience in, but not limited to, the following: Writing, Presenting, Market research, Competitive analysis, Quantitative research, Qualitative research, Data Analysis, Customer insight, Digital strategy, Social media, Digital marketing, Ad tech
- Data analytics – Appreciation of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, with a passion for the examination of data to identify strategic insights. Must have strong Excel skills.
- Digital marketing domain expertise – A deep interest in digital marketing, social media and website technologies
- Strong communicator – Ability to distill data into strategic implications and opportunities for our clients, crafting a clear narrative; ability to tell a compelling story using data, and create presentations demonstrating a strong narrative relevant to the client/audience
- Consulting – The potential to act as a strategic advisor to executive level clients, using data to support actionable recommendations
- Presentation design and delivery – Expertise in crafting and delivering Powerpoint presentations with high attention to detail
- Fast-learner with a self-starter attitude – Highly disciplined, execution-orientated and able to work using own initiative. A desire to join a smaller, fast-moving organization where you will be given high levels of responsibility immediately and the opportunity for fast-track career progression.
Founded in 2010 by Scott Galloway, Professor of Marketing at New York’s Stern University, L2 is a member-based business intelligence firm that benchmarks the digital marketing of over 1,800 brands across 14 industries globally every year. We provide an objective assessment of how effective each company is at engaging with its consumers via digital channels, helping brands to identify their digital strengths and weaknesses, prioritise investments and hold internal teams and vendors accountable.
Our flagship product, the Digital IQ Index®, is the global seminal benchmark for digital performance amongst the world’s top brands. For each brand we examine more than 1,250 data points across four dimensions of digital: site and e-commerce, digital marketing, social media and mobile. We work at CMO level to deliver insights and recommendations to drive incremental business impact from digital.
L2 members include many of the world’s most iconic brands: L’Oréal, Estée Lauder, Procter & Gamble, Unilever, Nestlé, Carrefour, Samsung, Nike, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Urban Outfitters, AB InBev, Heineken, LVMH, Chanel, Tiffany, Under Armour and Richemont.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits (health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance)
- Weekly "Champagne Friday" happy hour
- Bagel Mondays
- Daily breakfast foods (cereal, fruit, oatmeal, etc.)
- Friday catered team lunches
- 15 days vacation, 5 sick days
- A buddy/mentorship program
- Monthly social outings (Yankee games, trivia nights, rooftop parties, etc.)
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry #snacks
- The best coworkers this side of the East River
Meet Some of L2's Employees
Reid and his team research and publish general studies on digital trends across industries. He analyzes how L2's clients are occupying the digital space and industry trends that might affect their businesses in the future.
Back to top