Back End Developer (Junior to Mid-Level)
We are looking for a junior to mid-level Back End Developer with a passion for high quality and user-friendly software. As a Back End Developer at L2, you will be able to build powerful applications that drive forward our sophisticated proprietary data and research. L2 is a digital marketing research company that aims to disrupt the traditional digital advertising space with real, consumer relevant experience measurement. Help us build a new core, data ecosystem for our digital research business. On our DataTech team, you will have a genuine team environment where you will have individualized career growth, empowerment to impact the organization with innovation, and enter a merit based atmosphere as an equal.
We're looking for a passionate, creative Back End Developer who is excited about solving new problems. At L2, our current back end tech stack is primarily in Python and we use AWS, Docker, PostgreSQL, and Redshift.
Skills & Requirements:
- 1-3 years of professional experience using Python (or similar) and a track record of getting stuff done.
- Experience in a major server-side web development stack (e.g. Flask, Django, RoR, NodeJS, etc).
- Familiarity with HTML, CSS, and JS.
- Experience working with and developing RESTful APIs.
- Strong SQL and database knowledge - particularly using PostgreSQL or Redshift.
- Strong AWS skills (RDS, Redshift, EC2, Data Pipeline, etc.)
- Experience with modern web and application development practices: continuous integration, scrum or agile development, distributed version control systems, test-driven development, don’t repeat yourself (DRY) frameworks, automated deployment and provisioning.
- Strong communication skills: self-motivating, self-directing, and a good communicator.
- Experience working in a startup or startup like company or environment.
- Active Github, Bitbucket, StackOverflow profile.
We like to see (but not required):
- Any open source code or example projects that you're proud of.
- Any other evidence of your passion for building great software.
- Experience and knowledge with some of these additional technologies: ansible, docker, ubuntu, nginx, redis, celery, ipython, elixir, graphql
Meet Some of L2's Employees
Giulia works specifically with data from the European beauty and CPG markets. She draws meaning from the data and puts out the results for L2’s European members.
Back to top