Associate Director, Client Strategy - Luxury/Retail
L2 is a subscription-based intelligence firm that benchmarks the digital competence of brands. We provide members with actionable, data-driven insights regarding digital performance at a fraction of the cost of traditional consulting. L2 was founded on the principle that a brand’s digital competency is inextricably linked to shareholder value.
L2 is undergoing rapid growth and looking to expand its Client Strategy and Services team. The Client Strategy Associate is charged with managing a set number of client relationships, interfacing regularly with member brands, and producing client deliverables. Working closely with the Sector Lead, the Associate Director of Client Strategy is responsible for developing Deep Dive strategy and Executive Education presentations, serving as the day-to-day contact for members, supporting the contract and renewal process, and managing other general account functions. The Associate Director of Client Strategy may also manage one or two analysts on the team.
This role is specifically for the Luxury, Acitvewear, Speciality Retail team. Prior industry experience is preferred.
- Develop and assist in delivery of “Deep Dives” that provide member brands a no mercy/no malice assessment of strengths/weaknesses delivered over 2-3 hour in-person presentations
- Analyze L2 research to craft strategies for member brands, leveraging proprietary research tools and databases
- Develop and deliver materials for ad hoc member requests and inquiries
- Lead projects, typically working with junior analysts, and manage timing and quality of output
- Work with Research team on refining methodology based on client feedback
- Manage member tracking and administration (e.g. input data to Salesforce, respond to client emails, scheduling, etc.)
- 6+ years of experience in client-facing consulting, research, or services role
- Domain understanding and expertise across e-commerce, digital marketing, social media and mobile
- Understanding/familiarity with large multi-brand organizations across one or more verticals including: CPG/Food, Luxury, Retail, Beauty, Beverages, Hospitality, and Auto
- Strong analytical skills (highly proficient in Excel)—able to distill data to actionable insights in a coherent narrative
- Excellent presentation, writing, and communication skills (including PowerPoint) with attention to detail
- Highly disciplined with self-starter mentality; experience in start-ups and small organizations a plus
- A doer—executes on plans, asks forgiveness vs. permission, and shows tangible results
L2 is a subscription-based benchmarking and education firm. By providing our membership with actionable, data-driven insights on their digital performance, L2 helps identify best practices and highlight which organizations are achieving superior return on incremental investment. We achieve this through our proprietary Digital IQ Index® research products. Founded in 2010 by Scott Galloway (Professor of Marketing, NYU Stern), L2 now tracks thousands of brands across the globe. Our diverse membership ranges from Consumer Packaged Goods (Procter & Gamble, Unilever) to Beauty (Estée Lauder, L’Oréal) to iconic Luxury (Chanel, Cartier) brands.
For those who qualify, L2 offers:
- Competitive salary
- Comprehensive benefits (health/dental/vision/disability/life insurance)
- Weekly "Champagne Friday" happy hour
- Bagel Mondays
- Daily breakfast foods (cereal, fruit, oatmeal, etc.)
- Friday catered team lunches
- 15 days vacation, 5 sick days
- A buddy/mentorship program
- Monthly social outings (Yankee games, trivia nights, rooftop parties, etc.)
- Fully stocked fridge and pantry #snacks
- The best coworkers this side of the East River
Meet Some of L2's Employees
Reid and his team research and publish general studies on digital trends across industries. He analyzes how L2's clients are occupying the digital space and industry trends that might affect their businesses in the future.
Back to top