Sr. Director of Service Operations
- Dallas, TX
Sr. Director of Service Operations
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Coppell, TX
Founded in 2006, KyotoCooling providesmission-critical, water free cooling with unparalleled levels of reliability, efficiency and modularity for data centers. With hundreds of installations in various climates around the world, KyotoCooling is the most experienced supplier of indirect cooling solutions in the data center industry. The company has offices in Amersfoort, Netherlands; Dallas, Texas; Johannesburg, South Africa and Tianjin, China.
The Sr. Director of Service Operations has run a services organization and will setup our services org to scale. The Sr. Director provides leadership and strategy for KyotoCooling's Field Service and NOC team, and is responsible for driving support activities for KyotoCooling's client base. The position is directly responsible for developing key performance indicators and business goals and facilitating the team in attaining them.
• Develop processes and standards, adhering to industry best practices and promotes and ensures compliance with those processes and standards for Service Desk (NOC) and Field Service Operations.
• Responsible for ensuring the integrity, reasonable response times, and availability of Service Desk (NOC) and Field Service Operations.
• Develop the structure of our service contracts in partnership with Sales and Senior Leadership.
• The Sr. Director of Service Operations will work closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement, and support cost-effective solutions for all aspects of the organization.
• Participate in technology vendor selection activities in partnership with Procurement, manage vendor relationships, negotiate vendor contracts, and identify areas of opportunity for long-term cost savings for the company
• Lead and mentor managers and team members; provides direction through development plans and performance evaluations, monitors workload, project workloads and responsibilities in support of the vision, goals, and standards of behavior.
• Create and manage operational budgets for responsible areas. In addition, participates with Senior Leadership in planning and managing strategic plans.
• Establish key performance indicators and publish NOC and Field Service performance metrics to include organization-wide dashboard reporting. Also, performs trend reporting and identifies opportunities for continual improvement and customer experience enhancements.
• Maintain, document, and refine internal processes for agile delivery processes.
• Experience in HVAC or Data Center services preferred
• 5+ years' experience running a service organization
• Experience working through pricing and modeling and ultimately structuring service contracts
• Good Understanding of IT best practices including Service Desk (NOC)/ Field Services
• Experience building and leading multi discipline project teams across a global organization
• Should have experience in hiring L1/ L2 Support personnel and First Line Managers in the past
• Demonstrated ability to come across as a leader of the group with great people networking skills
• Good understanding of ITIL best practices
• Experience in creating executive level dashboards and cascading presentations to senior leaders
• Great written and communication skills
• Outstanding negotiation abilities
• Experience with ITSM tools like Service Now, Remedy, Jira, etc
• Good understanding of Automation tools and solutions for End user computing
• Experience in driving Continual service improvement projects
• Bachelors degree required.
Back to top