Sales Engineer (Director Level)
kWantera founded in 2012, is a purpose-built predictive analytics software company, using AI and machine learning to transform the way retailers, suppliers and large consumers buy and sell energy. They have recently launched their new platform, Faraday, the first AI powered solution for the energy markets.
Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the Sales Engineer will be a significant contributor to the top-line revenue growth and will be responsible for the complete sales cycle from initial cultivation, relationship development, contractual & commercial proposal phases, and long-term account management and will therefore participate in business process improvement definition and development of key partnerships. This includes providing guidance, leadership and overall direction to the executive team as well as leading key contract negotiations kWantera will have significant expectations of revenue growth and will rely on the Sales Engineer to generate an increase in sales pipeline activities as well as to close on opportunities.
The Sales Engineer will provide significant VOC (Voice of customer) interaction to help form new product developments and improvements. They will also be an integral part of defining strategy, providing insight into the market dynamics and for improving customer expectations.
• Minimum of 5-7 years of sales or sales engineering experience, or a client-facing role which includes negotiation or customer relationship management.
• Detailed technical knowledge in either software technology or in the energy markets. Additional skills should include strong commercial awareness with direct experience in contract negotiations.
• The ability to mobilize stakeholders and influence others within a small team, as well as exceptional collaboration skills are critical for success.
• The ability to communicate and work effectively with all levels of the organization and with customers/colleagues from all backgrounds and cultures is a must.
• The ability to network, develop relationships, potential cold-call with limited experience or relationships with a potential client is mandatory.
• Degree in Engineering or equivalent program.
At kWantera, we promote a highly dedicated, collaborative and creative work environment, where our employees take ownership of their role, taking much pride from their work. We offer a demanding and challenging position in a dynamic environment. You will have the opportunity to work with highly motivated and passionate people while developing your expertise in a small-sized, multi-cultural and highly diverse community. The position is based in a metropolitan city in the US.
Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA; candidate may be located in any major metropolitan US city.
Due to the intensive customer focus of our sales team significant travel, frequently with minimal notice, is required.
Meet Some of kWantera's Employees
Energy Data Scientist
Matineh develops the models and plans behind the products that kWantera provides in order to assist customers in making better business decisions in the energy domain.
Back to top