Front End Developer
kWantera is a venture-backed startup company dedicated to helping companies manage their energy. Our team of quantitative energy market analysts work with our big data analytics platform to analyze and react to changing market conditions. At kWantera, we promote a highly dedicated, collaborative and creative work environment where our employees take ownership of their role, taking much pride in their work. We aim to continue innovating in the future, giving businesses the upper hand on their energy decisions.
kWantera can deliver timely and intelligent market data to every business in the United States impacted by electricity and natural gas prices. We are actively seeking a Front End Developer to help build out energy’s smartest platform. This is a full time position which includes responsibilities such as:
- Develop website functionality enhancements, upgrades and revisions to new and existing products
- Develop robust, scalable web based applications
- Plan and develop new products and tools based on cutting edge technologies
- Participate in reviews of code, testing and documentation
The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and be able to adapt to a variety of tasks that will improve kWantera’s technology.
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience with unit testing (Jasmine, Karma, Mocha, etc)
- Experience working with RESTful and custom APIs.
- Working knowledge of task managers (Gulp/Grunt) and package managers (NPM/Bower)
- Knowledge of UI principles and conceptual skills
- Experience with CSS3 and/or preprocessors and frameworks such as SASS, LESS, Bootstrap, etc
- Experience with responsive web design
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High comfort level discussing technical subject areas
Bonus Points for:
- Experience with TypeScript and Angular 2
- Mobile development experience
- Experience with visualization data libraries (Highcharts, d3.js ,dc.js, etc)
- Experience or knowledge of MVC frameworks
- Visualization of time series data
- Websockets (Socket.io, SignalR, etc)
Candidates should be self-starters, eager to learn new technologies.We require that all candidates be proven communicators with good writing skills. Please provide a complete resume and any portfolio samples.
- Very competitive salary, because you deserve it.
- Equity in the company, to keep you motivated.
- 401(k) plan with matching, because we care about your future!
- Unlimited vacation, we work hard and take time when we need it.
- Full medical, dental and vision coverage.
- Fully stocked fridge, coffee, espresso and tons of snacks to keep us going.
- Fantastic modern office space in Pittsburgh’s Strip District with free parking.
- Great office environment with exceptionally talented coworkers.
kWantera’s staff are highly motivated to shake up the status quo of the modern electric and natural gas industries within the United States. Our technology platform, machine learning, and predictive analytics are cutting-edge entrants into the emerging world of Big Data. We seek people who will be similarly passionate about changing the world.
Meet Some of kWantera's Employees
Energy Data Scientist
Matineh develops the models and plans behind the products that kWantera provides in order to assist customers in making better business decisions in the energy domain.
Back to top