UX (User Experience) Designer – Merchandising Experience
- Coppell, TX
Company Name:Kroger General Office
Lead the design, research and support of User Experience (UX) design initiatives across multiple cross-functional teams for customer-facing websites and native apps. Deliver outstanding customer experiences across multiple digital channels (i.e., web, mobile and email). Collaborate with Product Management, Site Experience and Creative Services to review and visualize requirements in wireframes and prototypes. Provide day-to-day support of development teams. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Champion industry leading UX design principles to deliver outstanding customer experiences.
- Collaborate with business and technical stakeholders to create wireframes, prototypes and run research
- Communicate and present designs to stakeholders, UX leadership, and technology teams to gather feedback and ensure alignment
- Embraces Agile environment and acts as advocate for customers, providing design solutions based in user-centered design, user research, and customer analytics
- Support Associate UX Designers and development teams during technical implementation
- Monitor user engagement and identify opportunities for improvement and innovation
- Participate in the design and implementation of large and/or architecturally significant applications
- Champion company standards and best practices
- Communicate with the appropriate teams to ensure that assignments are delivered with the highest of quality and in accordance to standards
- Be an advocate for collaboration and assist other team members on assignments
- Travel to local campuses, such as the Landings, and to attend company meetings
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation
- Bachelor's degree in design or related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 2 years' experience as a UX professional
- Experience in an Agile software environment
- Demonstrated experience that displays history of work and understanding of user-centered design
- Demonstrated ability to discuss and convey user experience principles and design strategy for digital and non-digital stakeholders
- Demonstrated ability to understand objectives, directions and needs expressed from multiple inputs ranging from marketing, business and technical teams
- Experience leading design and development of customer experiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Proficient experience in MS Office suite of products
- Proficient using wireframing and design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, OmniGraffle, Keynote, etc.
- 2 years' experience in visual design of web or native apps
- Experience on large-scale projects with demonstrated ability to work across teams, gather and incorporate feedback from line of business, product management, development, and executive stakeholders.
- Previous experience to define, develop, research and document UX design and interaction requirements
- Skilled with design tools to document information architecture, user interaction, creative comps and prototypes
Education Level:Bachelor's Desired
Required Travel:Up to 25%
Regions:Any; General Office- Cincinnati
States: Alabama; Alaska; American Samoa; Arizona; Arkansas; California; Colorado; Connecticut; Delaware; District of Columbia; Federated States of Micronesia; Florida; Georgia; Guam; Hawaii; Idaho; Illinois; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Kentucky; Louisiana; Maine; Marshall Islands; Maryland; Massachusetts; Michigan; Minnesota; Mississippi; Missouri; Montana; Nebraska; Nevada; New Hampshire; New Jersey; New Mexico; New York; North Carolina; North Dakota; Ohio; Oklahoma; Oregon; Rhode Island; South Carolina; South Dakota; Tennessee; Texas; Utah; Vermont; Virgin Islands; Virginia; Washington; West Virginia; Wisconsin; Wyoming
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world's largest retailers, we employee more nearly half a million Associates across 35 states. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TX||Coppell|| 751 Freeport Pkwy ||75019 || Kroger General Office||[[mfield2]]||Digital ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Nearest Major Market: Dallas
Nearest Secondary Market: Fort Worth
Job Segment: Merchandising, User Experience, Retail, Technology, Marketing
Apply now »
Back to top