THD Truck Mechanic - Diesel Mechanic - 3rd Shift
Department: THD Fleet Services, Logistics, Transportation
Position Reports To: Fleet Services Supervisor
Position Supervises: N/A
Pay Level: Hourly
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Repair trucks, trailers, refrigeration units, and all other automotive vehicles. Perform all jobs safely, efficiently and accurately to maintain and improve the performance of the entire plant in the areas of Safety, Quality, Reliability (SQR) and our Customer 1 st strategy. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Complete all required Department of Transportation (DOT) documentation for service work and ensure signed copy is placed in the appropriate serviced vehicle record book.
- Perform scheduled preventative maintenance.
- Perform inspections and repairs.
- Monitor all company pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspection reports for completion; perform follow-up repairs and maintenance as required.
- Perform steering, engine, and transmission / drive train repairs and work on electrical charging systems for tractors and trucks.
- Perform maintenance and repairs on trailer refrigeration units.
- Perform as needed: trailer repairs for brakes and tailgate; periodic servicing for state vehicle inspections; lubrication and oil changes; brake, belt and miscellaneous adjustments; changing lights.
- Respond to emergency roadside calls and perform emergency road repairs.
- Perform all duties within established Good Manufacturing Practice regulations, fleet safety, and general safety guidelines.
- Support the development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the SQF 2000 Systems.
- Accountable to the Kroger Manufacturing Food Safety and Quality Principles.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Class A Commercial Drivers License.
- Valid and updated medical certification.
- Class 7 Pennsylvania State Inspection Certificate.
- Environmental Protect Agency Approved Certification - High Pressure Refrigeration (608).
- EPA Approved Certification - Air Conditioning (609).
- Must have own set of tools.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to comprehend complex verbal and written instructions.
- 3-5 years of related experience.
- Degree from an accredited trade or related school.
Leadership Behaviors: Achieves Results through Teamwork, Coaches and Develops Others, Communicates Effectively and Candidly, Executes with Excellence, Leads Change and Innovation, Leads through Positive Influence, Provides Clear and Strategic Direction, Puts the Customer First. For more information on the Kroger Leadership Behavior model, click here.
Education Level: High School Diploma/ GED Required
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
States : Pennsylvania
Keywords : Diesel Mechanic
Meet Some of Kroger's Employees
Cost Management Manager
Alicia oversees a group of 12 cost management analysts who collaborate with suppliers to optimize promotional profitability and in-store merchandise assortment decisions.
Back to top