Store Management Trainee
Company Name:Jay C Stores
The candidate must complete a 12-16 week instructional course to prepare the candidate to manage one of our grocery retailing sites. Categories such as Business Skills, Leadership and Management Skills, Store Department Skills, Human Resources Skills and Store Systems Skills are components of the program. Training modules will be a blend of in-store and on the job training, classroom instructor led training, and on-line e-learning. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
- Assist store manager and team members in the achievement of a favorable customer shopping experience and team member interest in customer service.
- Assist in leading teams in the planning, implementation and execution of merchandising and operating initiatives.
- Work with department heads and team members to identify opportunities in the store, develop timely solutions and create action plans to ensure implementation of plans.
- Drive sales working with department managers to maximize sales and profits, reduce shrink and improve each department's contribution.
- Assist the store manager in the regular store-level financial performance discussions to include developing budgets and other targeted goals with store team members.
- Analyze and respond to the competitive landscape within the district and division.
- Utilize coordinators and other field staff to ensure store departments are achieving sales and profit goals and ensure implementation, and execution of division merchandising plans.
- Serve as liaison providing feedback to Store Manager, District Manager and Coordinators on the effectiveness of Division merchandising and operational plans and programs.
- Assist the store manager in staffing, reducing turnover, increasing retention and store operations.
- Provide timely feedback to department heads and team members on individual and department performance.
- Assist with the management of labor and supply costs on a daily basis to meet customer service and financial targets.
- Technical and Professional Knowledge, Compliance and Skills - Achieve a satisfactory level of technical and professional skills or knowledge in position and related areas. Keep up with current developments and trends in areas of expertise. Ensure team members and location complies with laws and regulation applicable to the company.
- Examples of Physical demands are-
o Standing and Walking- 100 percent of the time
o Lifting, Pushing, Pulling, Bending, Twisting
o Climbing- stairs, step stool, ladder
o Manual Dexterity
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Possess high school degree or equivalent
- Must be 21 years old
- Effective communication and reading skills
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Supervisory responsibilities
- Preferred college degree from an accredited university or college
- Previous budget preparation experience and retail management experience
- Past work record reflects dependability and integrity
- Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations related to employment practices, OHSA compliance, and food handling.
Education Level: Bachelor's Desired
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
States: Illinois; Indiana
Jobs at Jay C Food Stores: Jay C Food Stores is always looking for friendly team members who enjoy serving customers. Jay C is a great place to work. Our company offers competitive pay, good benefits, a flexible schedule, career advancement opportunities, and much more. If you are interested in a job opportunity with Jay C, please complete an online application today!
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IN||Washington|| 2 Cherry Tree Plz ||47501 || Jay C Stores||None||Management; Store Management ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Back to top