- Arlington Heights, IL
Plan, direct and manage store operations to promote and maximize sales and profit margins and achieve labor goals. Demonstrate a love for food and passion for people while creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe and clean environment. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate a love of food and passion for people, incredible customer service and performance excellence through example and team member education.
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Ensure proper product handling to control cost (e.g. shrink and waste).
- Follow all company, store and department policies and procedures.
- Manage the front end while adhering to local, state and federal regulations and requirements.
- Institute 'Best Practice' leadership and management principles.
- Manage the retail grocery store to achieve and/or exceed financial goals to include sales, profit, shrink, and labor through effective cost control, efficient utilization of labor, and strong customer service.
- Establish and maintain a customer-oriented culture and deliver a high level of customer service; anticipate customer needs and resolve issues in a manner that strengthens customer loyalty.
- Oversee all store operations including work processes, merchandising replenishment, the daily activities of team members to ensure company initiative/standards and customer expectations are met.
- Provide a positive work environment to attract and maintain a quality employee base through selective hiring, training, evaluation, coaching and counseling of team members.
- Ensure that all store employees provide excellent customer service, follow safe food handling and sanitation procedures, perform proper stocking, facing, and pricing, as well as respond promptly to emergencies and safety hazards.
- Maintain all safety and sanitation programs.
- Communicate daily with the general manager regarding the store status (e.g., success, issues and planning).
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently walking, standing, lifting/carrying objects 10-25 lbs.; occasional turning, kneeling, reaching, squatting, stooping/bending, lifting/carrying objects up to 55 lbs., and pushing and pulling objects up to 200 lbs.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma/GED, 5 yrs in supermarket industry and completion of mangement training program, or equvilent combination of education/experience
- Effective leadership, interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; strong time management skills
- Sound judgement/problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to create operating budgets/financial forecast
- Comprehensive knowledge of store operations and human resource functions
Education Level: None
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Mariano's: At Mariano's, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL||Arlington Heights|| 802 East Northwest Highway ||60004 || Mariano's||None||Store Management; Store Operations ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Back to top