Site Reliability Engineer/DevOps Engineer
Company Name:Kroger General Office
Line of Business:Enterprise Retail Systems
See what life is like at Kroger Technology
Additional Technology Information:
The Site Reliability Engineer/DevOps Engineer role is responsible for ensuring operations for infrastructure and application solutions are reliable and sustainable by incorporating automation towards installation and configuration of entire technology stack as well as the deployment of code throughout the development life cycle. The engineer will be responsible for all aspects of environment planning including: capacity management, monitoring, scalability, auditing, disaster recovery, and interoperability. The role is responsible for assisting with design and implementation of new technologies to replace legacy systems and processes
The technology engineer is responsible for the system's overall infrastructure, including engineering, implementation and integration, and technical services and support. This role will design, implement/install, maintain and administer infrastructure systems, including hardware, software and various configurations; monitor overall performance to proactively identify potential issues and correct them appropriately; and perform root cause analysis on failed components and implement corrective measures. The technology engineer mentors and coaches others to establish and improve processes and procedures. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure adherence to architecture standards and roadmaps.
- Design and successfully implement overall infrastructure/middleware components for each project with infrastructure teams, ensuring that the overall solution is designed to meet service-level agreements (SLA) concerning performance and uptime, disaster recovery (DR) specifications, and scalability needs required by the solution.
- Ensure that post-production operational processes/deliverables are well designed and implemented prior to the project moving into the solution support phase.
- Define and create operational procedures, processes, and scripts.
- Follow appropriate change/release management practices.
- Support and maintain infrastructure solutions utilizing required tools and technologies.
- Develop and maintain deployed technology list for each infrastructure discipline.
- Assist in the evaluation, selection, and implementation of new technologies with infrastructure teams to ensure adherence to architecture guidelines for the introduction of new technologies.
- Evaluate vendors' technical and support capabilities.
- Provide technical leadership on establishing standards and guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- 4years' experience in support and/or engineering for the specific technical discipline: security, database, network, collaboration, desktop, storage, backup / recovery, mainframe platforms, UNIX platforms, AS/400 platforms, Windows platforms, web engineering, Citrix, directory services, and integration (enterprise application integration (EAI), batch and real-time solutions)
- Communicate information to customers and associates at all levels within the organization through effective communication and presentation skills
- Provide off hour support (24/7) as needed
- Ability to understand company business problems and identify probable technical solutions to those problems
- Bachelor's degree in information systems (IS) or related equivalent work experience in an IS position.
- Technical knowledge of procedural, web, and client server development languages and methodologies
- Professional knowledge of data modeling and design and business process engines
- Certification within discipline
Jobs at Kroger:At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world's largest retailers, we employee nearly half a million Associates across 35 states. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: OH||Blue Ash|| 11450 Grooms Road ||45242 || Kroger General Office||[[mfield2]]||Information Services and Systems ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Back to top