Service Operations Manager-Mariano’s
- Aurora, IL
Manage the store customer service to ensure the highest level of customer service throughout the store. Act as a role model and leader by resolving problems, making informed decisions and managing the front end to achieve expected results. Demonstrate a love for food and passion for people while creating an excellent customer experience by maintaining a friendly, safe and clean environment. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety.
Essential Job Functions:
- Demonstrate a love of food and passion for people, incredible customer service and performance excellence through example and team member education.
- Encourage teamwork through cooperative interactions with co-workers.
- Ensure proper product handling to control cost (e.g. shrink and waste).
- Follows all company, store and department policies and procedures.
- Manage the front end while adhering to local, state and federal regulations and requirements.
- Institute 'Best Practice' leadership and management principles.
- Instill a positive, motivating work environment that results in a collaborative front end team.
- Establish expected customer service objectives for all front end associates and ensure consistent application from all associates.
- Ensure appropriate staffing, training, scheduling, safety, sanitation, inventory control, equipment maintenance and shrink control to achieve expected results.
- Assign and direct workflow to ensure excellent and timely service is delivered to meet and/or exceed the front end's labor goals and productivity expectations.
- Assist with labor scheduling, bookkeeping, and management reports.
- Act as the manager-on-duty at least two nights per week and assume responsibility for the entire store.
- Properly operate equipment (e.g., register, scanner, computer, flatbed, shopping cart) according to company.
- Communicate daily with the store director regarding the department status (e.g., success, issues and planning).
- Physical demands include, but are not limited to, frequently walking, standing, lifting/carrying objects 10-25 lbs.; occasional turning, kneeling, reaching, squatting, stooping/bending, lifting/carrying objects up to 55 lbs., and pushing and pulling objects up to 200 lbs.
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provide feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- High school diploma/GED, 3+ yrs retial supervisory experience, or equvilent combination of education/experience
- Effective leadership, interpersonal communication and customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment; strong time management skills
- Sound judgement/problem solving and decision making skills
- Strong math skills
Education Level: None
Required Travel: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Full-Time
Jobs at Mariano's: At Mariano's, our values are rooted in the Midwest -we work hard and we believe in the team members that make what we do possible each day. It's these values that allow us to continue to grow and provide our customers with the best value and service as we have for over 140 years.Here, you'll find opportunities to advance your career, fulfill a leadership role and be a member of team that is dedicated to supporting our stores and creating a shopping experience that customers love.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: IL||Aurora|| 3025 E New York St ||60504 || Mariano's||None||Store Management ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Back to top