Ruler Retail Clerk
- Sikeston, MO
Company Name:Ruler Foods
Create an outstanding customer experience through exceptional service. Establish and maintain a safe and clean environment that encourages our customers to return. Embrace the Customer 1 st strategy and encourage team members to deliver excellent customer service. Demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
• Promote trust and respect among team members.
- Create an environment that enables customers to feel welcome, important and appreciated by answering questions regarding products sold.
- Gain and maintain knowledge of products sold and be able to respond to questions and make suggestions about products.
- Responsible for being visible and actively greeting, engaging and assisting customers.
- Inform customers of grocery specials.
- Rotate all merchandise according to code dating policies. Check product quality to ensure freshness. Review sell by dates and take appropriate action.
- Order, label, stock and inventory merchandise.
- Report product ordering and shipping discrepancies to Store Management.
- Process customer transactions through the check lane quickly, accurately, and efficiently. Understand the Point of Sale system, and handle various tenders such as Cash, Checks, Credit, Debit, SNAP EBT, Offline SNAP EBT, WIC, Rain checks, complex loyalty offers, coupons and checkout procedures according to company policy.
- Understand and adhere to the company's limits on cash shortages and/or overages and work honestly and effectively to control loss.
- Understand and adhere to guidelines on restricted sale items- Alcohol, Tobacco, Fireworks, and Videos
- Collaborate with all team members to encourage teamwork.
- Report pricing discrepancies to the Store Management.
- Report product ordering or shipping discrepancies to the Store management.
- Display a positive attitude.
- Stay current with present, future, seasonal and special ads.
- Adhere to all food safety regulations and guidelines.
- Ensure proper temperatures in cases and coolers are maintained and temperature logs are maintained.
- Reinforce safety programs by complying with safety procedures and identify unsafe conditions and notify store management.
- Practice preventive maintenance by properly inspecting equipment and notify store management of any items in need of repair.
- Notify management of customer or employee accidents.
- Report all safety risks or issues, and illegal activity, including- robbery, theft or fraud.
- Adhere to all local, state and federal laws, and company guidelines.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to handle stressful situations
- Knowledge of basic math
- Effective communication skills
- Standing- 100 percent of the time
- Lifting- Average of 50 pounds
- Pushing and Pulling- Carts and skids
- Bending, Twisting, Turning, Squatting
- Reading- 100 percent of the time
- Climbing on a ladder or stool
- Manual Dexterity- 100 percent of the time with both arms and legs
- Repetitive Motion of hands and wrists
- Personal ability- ability to fully complete the cashier training program
- Memorization of produce items and sale items
- Must be 16 years old
- Customer service experience
- Retail Experience
- Second language
Education Level: None
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Part-Time
Shift(s): Day; Evening; Overnight
Jobs at Ruler Foods: Ruler Foods is always looking for friendly team members who enjoy serving customers who want to save money. Ruler is a great place to work. Our company offers competitive pay, good benefits, a flexible schedule, career advancement opportunities, and much more. If you are interested in a job opportunity with Ruler Foods, please complete an online application today!
Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve customers in 2,782 retail food stores under a variety of local banner names in 35 states. Our Family of Companies also operates 2,268 pharmacies, 274 fine jewelry stores, 1,489 supermarket fuel centers and 38 food production plants in the United States. Kroger is dedicated to our Purpose: to Feed the Human Spirit™ by serving America through food inspiration and uplift and creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: MO||Sikeston|| 1102 South Main St. ||63801 || Ruler Foods||[[mfield2]]||Customer Service; Store Operations ||Employee|| Non-Exempt || Part-Time|| None
Nearest Major Market: Sikeston
Job Segment: Clerical, Food Safety, Retail, Administrative, Part Time, Quality
Apply now »
Back to top