Retail Management Intern
- The Woodlands, TX
Company Name:Kroger Stores
Complete an 8-10 week program designed to provide overview of store operations, marketing, merchandising, purchasing, supply chain management, financial analysis and human resources. The internship also offers job shadowing with store management, a designated retail project and the experience of working as part of an effective team. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
- Gain understanding of a favorable customer shopping experience, the importance of associate engagement in customer service/relations and how to role model the highest level of customer service.
- Gain understanding of how a store manager leads teams in the planning, implementation and execution of merchandising and operating initiatives.
- Gain understanding of how as store manager develops action plans and communications to store associates.
- Training at multiple locations - including retail stores, distribution and/or division office.
- Completes special assignments, as requested.
- Assigned a cumulative retail project and presentation to division leadership.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.
Minimum Position Qualifications:
- Junior standing or higher at an accredited college or university
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Responds to change as a positive challenge
- Demonstrate initiative and ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Commitment to providing customer service
- Involvement in leadership and community activities
Education Level: Other
Required Travel: Up to 25%
Required Certifications/Licenses: None
Position Type: Intern
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: TX||Shenandoah|| 19245 David Memorial Dr. ||77385 || Kroger Stores||None||Store Management ||Intern|| Non-Exempt || Intern|| None
Back to top