Regional Construction Project Manager
- Paramount, CA
Company Name:Kroger General Office
Execute store construction projects (new/expansion/within in-the-walls remodels and fuel projects) under the guidance of the assistant construction or senior construction manager. Complete projects at/below budget and on/before the project deadline consistent with the approved scope of work. Be the company's representative on store construction projects. Provide timely and accurate information to contractors and vendors. Role model and demonstrate the company's core values of respect, honesty, integrity, diversity, inclusion and safety of others.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, organize and manage resources for a cost-effective, quality project that is completed within scope and budget.
- Prepare timely requisitions for major equipment, fixtures and supply items.
- Receive proposals, review architectural documents and award contracts adequate for bidding installation of remodels by contractors.
- Ensure contractors perform in accordance with plans and specifications.
- Provide documentation and records throughout the construction process.
- Ensure lowest company cost for change orders.
- Determine authorizations exist prior to incurring commitments for company expenditures.
- Anticipate opportunities and/or occurrences that could impact the construction schedule.
- Prepare and present a return on investment (ROI) on capital investments (L8)
- Coordinate remodel activities to minimize sales and EBITDA loss.
- Exercise independent judgment on moderately complex tasks
- Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform more complex tasks
- Utilize experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and perform moderate and difficult tasks (L8)
- Coordinate and verify documentation and compliance of SWPPP, OSHA regulations, construction contracts and capital management practices throughout all projects. (L7/8)
- Train department members on less complicated tasks (L7/8) and moderately complicated tasks (L8)
- Supervise and coach direct reports in the performance of their duties; complete performance reviews and provides feedback to direct reports.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of this position with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Bachelor's degree in civil, mechanical, electrical, chemical, construction management or related field OR 5+ years of construction management experience
- Ability to read and understand construction documents (L7/8)
- Ability to lead retail management and contractors through a moderately difficult project (L7/8) or a difficult project (L8)
- Ability to budget and organize orders on a project (L7/8)
- Basic financial training
- 1-3 years(L7); 3- 6 years(L8) of construction management experience or related area
- Experience with equipment purchasing software and construction project management tools (L7/8)
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Proven supervisory/leadership, conflict management and negotiation skills (L8)
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the organization and external vendors (L7/8)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Ability to travel independently (50%)
- Intermediate knowledge of e-Pro and Sitefolio (L7)
- Extensive knowledge/experience with e-Pro and Sitefolio (L8)
- Basic knowledge of capital projects in at least two areas: new remodel, expansion remodel, interior remodel and/or fuel (L7)
- Working knowledge of capital projects: new remodel, expansion remodel, interior remodel and/or fuel (L8)
Education Level:Bachelor's Required
Required Travel:Up to 25%
Keywords: Facility Engineering, Construction Project Manager
Jobs at Kroger: At Kroger, we hire people who have a passion for helping others and who want to build a relationship with our Customers. No matter what stage of your career, you can build your future at Kroger. We look for people who want more, aspire to be more and work hard to achieve their goals. Our focus on keeping the Customer first is what makes us successful. As the largest traditional grocery chain in the U.S. and one of the world's largest retailers, we employee more nearly half a million Associates across 35 states. We offer many opportunities not only in our stores, but in Manufacturing, Logistics, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and many other fields.
Company Overview: Kroger Family of Companies employs nearly half a million associates who serve over 11 million customers daily through a seamless shopping experience under a variety of banner names . At The Kroger Co., we are Fresh for Everyone™ and dedicated to our Purpose: To Feed the Human Spirit®. We are committed to creating #ZeroHungerZeroWaste communities by 2025. Careers with The Kroger Co. and our family of companies offer competitive wages, flexible schedules, benefits and room for advancement.
Posting Notes: CA||Compton|| 1100 W. Artesia Blvd. ||90220 || Kroger General Office||[[mfield2]]||Facility Engineering ||Employee|| Exempt || Full-Time|| None
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Project Manager, Construction, Engineer, Electrical, Regional Manager, Technology, Engineering, Management
Apply now »
Back to top